“Great hotel in Bethesda”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Chapel Hill, United States
“Great hotel in Bethesda”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Have adopted this hotel as our hotel of choice whenever visiting in Bethesda. Great location, facilities, and staff. Room rates are OK, depending on dates of stay and when booked. Parking is convenient, although it can be included in a package deal. Location on side street -- less noise. Can walk to many Bethesda restaurants, sites, etc. Worth returning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Newtown, CT
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least five times. Until this last stay, I was rather pleased. As usual, the rooms were very clean and well stocked. But, the food service has gone downhill. The price for the full breakfast has been increased from $10.00 to $15.00 but the quality does not justify the price. During the five days that I was there, the food items that I liked decreased, and the variety disappeared. As well, the baked items progressively became staler and staler. The specialty breakfast for the day has been eliminated. The coffee is so watered down ( or was decaffeinated for everyone) that on my long drive back, I had to stop an hour after breakfast to get my necessary caffeine jolt. . . no joke if you are an addict like me.
Finally, the floor was filthy. My shoes stuck to it like it was fly paper. The servers were pleasant but had to be hunted down for coffee refills. Yikes, if the hotel can do one thing. . . upgrade the coffee and make it the real stuff. I have to go back to Bethesda in November and am reconsidering switching to a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Chanelle L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of your breakfast you experienced during your stay. We are working to improve our offerings and welcome your comments. However, we would like to apologize for the housekeeping issues as well. We hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A really nice hotel within walking distance of all the great shops and restaurants in Bethesda. Is located a block off Wisconsin Ave so is nice and quiet and fairly secluded. The staff are super nice and helpful. Will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I've must have stayed at all of the major hotels in Bethesda and the Hilton Gardens meets the high standards of the group. Very friendly and easy check-in, 24 hour coffee and water, free drink coupon, free welcome water and snack package, nice breakfast, and spacious quiet room. Good choice and you can't go wrong. Only downside is that the fitness room is very limited.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great experience at this hotel that my family gathered at as we celebrated a family event (off premises.) the staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Parking was easy in the garage and not expensive. Breakfast in the restaurant was inexpensive with many choices on the buffet. Internet was fast and easy to log into. we had a private family breakfast one morning that was relaxed in a lovely area. The food was good and plentiful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

NY Metro
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is a great hotel. My two kids and I stayed here as a base for exploring the Smithsonian museums. Our rate included parking and breakfast for all of us (standard hot/cold hotel breakfast, nothing special, included a waffle machine which my son liked). There was no charge for wifi (which was good, handled netflix watching, except during peak times) or a rollaway bed. No movies for sale on the TV that I could find. We didn't check out the pool. Everything was spacious, clean and comfortable. The area isn't that exciting, not like there are many shops, although there was an awesome yarn store (not for everyone!) and a nearby restaurant, Food, Wine & Co, was OUTSTANDING. The Metro station was a block away, and it was a 25 minute ride to the National Mall area, with one change. The trains came every few minutes - super convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting DC.

Room Tip: We had room 806, didn't hear a sound from anywhere, uninspiring view to the east over a parking...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Was looking for a hotel to stay in Bethesda. Scoped out the usual offerings online for something reasonably affordable. I tend to read Trip Advisor reviews when I think a price is to good to be true. I was able to book this room for only $100 at a moments notice. I saw where the location was and I knew if anything, we already had a winner on our hand just from the address. It's only 3 blocks from Bethesda metro. We're talking Wisconsin Ave which has a bunch of restaurants and stores since it's the main strip. The parking was only $15. That is not a typo, only $15. I ended up parking somewhere else in the neighborhood but I highly recommend using their space. Hard to beat for the price.
I didn't eat at their restaurants but it looks good inside and the main bar is busy on the weekends. They do have a small swimming pool where the deepest level is like 3 1/2 feet. But it's better than nothing and it's indoors. I like that they have dumbells in their fitness center. They make good with their space with this machine that allows you to do a multitude of exercises. Get this...they have a guest laundry. I mean really, unless you demand marble pillars and mahogany furniture, this is the place to stay that has all your needs covered. Perfect for business travelers and family friendly as well. Service was awesome and you can buy from their little mini mart 24 hours a day. Staying here definitely left a good impression. Trust me, I don't dole out 5 stars that much.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank urban_kowboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott Suites
#2 of 11 in Bethesda
Upper Northwest
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chevy Chase Pavilion

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!