“Clean and Close to Metro”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Redmond, United States
“Clean and Close to Metro”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Any time you need to stay near the north-end of the beltway, this is a great and reasonably priced alternative. ~5 minute walk from the Bethesda metro stop and the same distance from the Medical Center. There is a limited selection of dining close by which would be my only negative comment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is my favourite place to stay while in Bethesda. I have has little or no issues with them as far as the accommodation and reception is concerned. Not a fan of their breakfast though. I take breakfast at one of the several good restaurants in the area. They are very accommodating of late check-outs as well.
I have had consistently good experience with this particular Hilton over the last few years.

Room Tip: High floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sahsasia
Seattle, WA, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014

In Feb. 2014 we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Bethesda, MD, an area well known to us, while waiting 12 nights for movers to bring our household from Seattle WA. The Hotel is surrounded by excellent shopping and scores of high level restaurants (do make reservations!) In spite of wonderful and very friendly staff we could not get our room warm during the FEB POLAR VORTEX weather in Bethesda, MD. The window unit HVAC needs to be redone, as not only did it not warm our room, but was constantly, and noisily going on and off, a poor thermostating control issue, which kept us cold and awake on many mights. Would be the same on hot summer nights.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Boston,MA, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Any time the heat came on there was an awful smell like musty old smoke, which was a problem because 3 of the 4 guests in my room were asthmatics. Improper lighting in the handicap bathroom. No exhaust fan and bad drainage. Location was good 2 blocks from Metro. Breakfast was so expensive and all of the yogurt was out of code and the creamers were spoiled. Only one type of cut fruit to choose from. Not much selection for $15. Night staff was great. Day staff was awful. Pillows were awful. Had to fold over to get any support.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Henderson, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was at this property for two weeks while recovering from surgery ( I live out of state). The staff was wonderfully accommodating to my special needs, providing extra pillows to elevate my arms, housekeeping went above and beyond to help. The hotel even called me at home to inquire about some foodstuffs I had had to abandon due to lack of packing space. The restaurant was helpful, allowing me to take ceramic mugs to my room as I can't abide drinking out of paper/plastic/styrofoam if it can be avoided. They also let me take a salt/pepper shakers and a set of utensils to keep in my room. I only ate breakfast there once, I felt it was overpriced as I can only eat a little in the mornings, but that was my choice. The food was good and selection was more than adequate, protein, fruit and carbs all available. My daughter and I ate dinner there a time or two and while not on a par with Ruth's Chris or Morton's (both a short walk away), we enjoyed the food and didn't have to go out in the snow. Definitely take advantage of the appetizers at happy hour.. for me, they make a meal. The only reason I am not giving this property 5 stars is the continuing issue I had with getting wifi on my cellphone in my room. I'd go down to the front desk to talk to the staff about it and it would work perfectly.. back in my room.. rarely available. Thank goodness I also had my Kindle. I am considering more surgery in the DC area in the future and I would not hesitate to return to this hotel for my post-op recovery. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE NURSING CARE...but come very very close. :)

Room Tip: I'm rating Kids activities & Spa as average as I didn't use these options. I feel avera...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Weirton, WV
Reviewed 18 February 2014

After staying in DC proper several times, I took a shot at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The location is in a busy area but on a side street so pretty quiet for its location. The staff could not have been more helpful in accommodating us with travel and requests. The breakfast buffet is a little pricey for the selection. There are probably newer hotels in the area but the furnishings all appeared pretty new and it was very clean. Overall, this is a great option for DC and I would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 February 2014

There were some nice features to this hotel - easy parking, friendly front desk staff, a welcome bag upon arrival with bottled water and snacks, and a great location in downtown Bethesda.

Unfortunately the room smelled like a fragrance had been sprayed to cover up a musty odor. Also, the furnishings themselves looked a little tired/dated, and I could hear some street noise. Overall, I didn't have a terrible experience, but I am not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
Bethesda Court Hotel
#4 of 11 in Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott Suites
#2 of 11 in Bethesda
Upper Northwest
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chevy Chase Pavilion

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!