“Friendly staff, nice hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my first time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff were very friendly and courteous on arrival. The hotel is very clean. Unfortunately the pillows were a nightmare and getting a decent sleep was quite difficult (the beds themselves were actually quite comfortable). Very close to a variety of restaurants. The gym facility is really tiny (with only three cardio equipment and some weights) I had to get to the gym around 5am to be assured of a decent workout. Overall it is a fair enough place to stay for a couple of days.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 11th floor and it was very quiet.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

To start, I've stayed in beautiful hotels from Sydney to Nashville, and I must say this hotel has exceeded almost all of them! The hospitality here is awe inspiring.

One example: this morning I went down to get ice and there was none on our level. I then went back to my room. A few minutes later a man comes with a bag of ice, without any prompt to do so. This genuine hospitality just begins the warm vibes we received here. The front desk was extremely helpful and made us feel right at home with a complimentary gift bag.

Our room was definitely the cleanest we've ever stayed in. The housekeepers must clearly care about the quality of the hotel, and it definitely showed! The beds here have dials to make them firmer or softer, and that helped me have one of the best nights sleep ever. There are tons of restaurants nearby (I recommend the Raku restaurant in my other review) and this hotel is definitely worth the price. If you want an Amazing stay, definitely choose the Hilton Garden Inn in Bethesda.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have stayed at this location many times, the hotel is clean, courteous staff. Unfortunately the bed, pillows are extremely uncomfortable. Despite this we will still return. The overnight parking charge sucks a little. On the upside the downtown Bethesda Restaurants are a short walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

To all the people who rated this hotel excellent or very good, I have to ask "are you joking"?

It's a serviceable place in the same way a disposable plastic razor is serviceable.

But let's be clear. It has all the charm of the plastic sofa covers
granny uses on her furniture.

And at $350 plus a night after taxes it offers ZERO value.

As for its location, yes it is centrally located in Bethesda, a downtown area with little appeal and nothing that could be described as quant or interesting or remotely note worthy.

With no doorman, no bellhop, no concierge and a very limited
room service menu only available from 5 pm to 10 pm, I am mystified how anyone could
describe the service as "great."

If you must stay in Bethesda, this place will do but please don't fool yourself into thinking
it's anything other than a very utilitarian lodging that is well overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NSEWtraveller
Chanelle L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear NSEWTraveller,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking time to give our hotel a review.

I understand your concern regarding the rate you paid at the hotel. Rates can get quite expensive in Bethesda, MD. However, during the work week, travel to the Bethesda is very busy and hotels sell out rather quickly.

Although our rates appear to be high, the rates are highly competitive with the other hotels in Downtown Bethesda.

One recommendation I would like to share is to book your reservation as early as possible to receive a better deal. There are advance purchase discount rates available that are great to take advantage of.

I certainly hope you stay with us again as our rates do fluctuate through the year. Feel free to contact me directly as I'll be happy to personally assist with your reservation.

Best wishes,

Chanelle Laws
wasbt-ds@hilton.com

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff is nice, the service is good, there's a full bar and restaurant here. What more can you ask for?? The location is walking distance from all the cute, quaint restaurants in Bethesda. The room was very clean and spacious. I was happy with the entire experience. But, the best part is THE OFFER YOU A COMPLIMENTARY GLASS OF WINE OR BEER UPON CHECKIN!! I can't think of anything better when traveling on a hectic business trip. It makes me say "I love you" to the check-in staff. That put a smile on my face and delighted me.

Great job!!!

1  Thank Cregan8256
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I visit the Bethesda area regularly, and I'll say that this hotel is in my top three choices of places. Here are my quick pros and cons, mostly about this particular visit:

Pros:
- nice, roomy room, and good toiletries
- it's nice to have a quiet bar in the lobby
- simple refreshments in the lobby are a welcome treat, and not offered at the Residence Inn or the Hyatt (all on the same block)

Cons:
- check in was slow. the staff was nice (all 5 of them behind the desk) but 'restarting the computers' isn't really a great excuse for a very slow check in process
- my travel companion said that her room did not smell great, but not so bad that she needed to move, just noticeable enough when she walked in
- no valet parking is a PAIN, especially with lots of luggage and dealing with the parking garage

All in all, I recommend this hotel for a stay in Bethesda. It's a great location!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have a daughter in Bethesda and usually stay at another hotel when visiting her, but this time we decided to try the Hilton Garden Inn, since they had a good deal that included breakfast and parking. The Hilton is right in the middle of downtown Bethesda, very conveniently located. They have a hot breakfast in the morning, your typical buffet with eggs, two kinds of potatoes, sausage and bacon, plus a good selection of cold stuff. The rooms are very comfortable. I always appreciate a hotel that has more than a desk chair in the room. The staff is very friendly too. You really can't go wrong with Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sportsphotog
Chanelle L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Sportsphotog,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. I am glad to hear you decided to give us a chance and enjoy the Hilton experience. Furthermore, I am happy that you got a chance to enjoy breakfast at the the hotel. We have one of the largest breakfast buffets in Downtown Bethesda. In additon to the buffet items, cooked to order items are available as well such as omelets, breakfast sandwiches, and pancakes.

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda. We look forward to your next visit!

Chanelle Laws