“Decent hotel in a great location. ”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel falls in line with most Hilton Garden Inn hotels. The service was good as well as the hotel itself. The area makes the hotel great with a movie theatre and a wide restaurant variety. My three complaints are pricey parking charges, a small gym and incredibly slow internet. I will be back though.

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at the hotel, the first impression i have is the staff are happy what they are doing, especially Sally at the front desk, Martha from Ethoipy and Gill from Nepal helped to make us happy, special thanks to all. The only think i can say is they need to pay more attention at the cleanning in the room and also they have to have their elavators to be fixed because it is shaking so bad when you use it. As a result i enjoyed to stay, and the service are really good.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my first time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff were very friendly and courteous on arrival. The hotel is very clean. Unfortunately the pillows were a nightmare and getting a decent sleep was quite difficult (the beds themselves were actually quite comfortable). Very close to a variety of restaurants. The gym facility is really tiny (with only three cardio equipment and some weights) I had to get to the gym around 5am to be assured of a decent workout. Overall it is a fair enough place to stay for a couple of days.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 11th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

To start, I've stayed in beautiful hotels from Sydney to Nashville, and I must say this hotel has exceeded almost all of them! The hospitality here is awe inspiring.

One example: this morning I went down to get ice and there was none on our level. I then went back to my room. A few minutes later a man comes with a bag of ice, without any prompt to do so. This genuine hospitality just begins the warm vibes we received here. The front desk was extremely helpful and made us feel right at home with a complimentary gift bag.

Our room was definitely the cleanest we've ever stayed in. The housekeepers must clearly care about the quality of the hotel, and it definitely showed! The beds here have dials to make them firmer or softer, and that helped me have one of the best nights sleep ever. There are tons of restaurants nearby (I recommend the Raku restaurant in my other review) and this hotel is definitely worth the price. If you want an Amazing stay, definitely choose the Hilton Garden Inn in Bethesda.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have stayed at this location many times, the hotel is clean, courteous staff. Unfortunately the bed, pillows are extremely uncomfortable. Despite this we will still return. The overnight parking charge sucks a little. On the upside the downtown Bethesda Restaurants are a short walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

To all the people who rated this hotel excellent or very good, I have to ask "are you joking"?

It's a serviceable place in the same way a disposable plastic razor is serviceable.

But let's be clear. It has all the charm of the plastic sofa covers
granny uses on her furniture.

And at $350 plus a night after taxes it offers ZERO value.

As for its location, yes it is centrally located in Bethesda, a downtown area with little appeal and nothing that could be described as quant or interesting or remotely note worthy.

With no doorman, no bellhop, no concierge and a very limited
room service menu only available from 5 pm to 10 pm, I am mystified how anyone could
describe the service as "great."

If you must stay in Bethesda, this place will do but please don't fool yourself into thinking
it's anything other than a very utilitarian lodging that is well overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NSEWtraveller
Chanelle L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear NSEWTraveller,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking time to give our hotel a review.

I understand your concern regarding the rate you paid at the hotel. Rates can get quite expensive in Bethesda, MD. However, during the work week, travel to the Bethesda is very busy and hotels sell out rather quickly.

Although our rates appear to be high, the rates are highly competitive with the other hotels in Downtown Bethesda.

One recommendation I would like to share is to book your reservation as early as possible to receive a better deal. There are advance purchase discount rates available that are great to take advantage of.

I certainly hope you stay with us again as our rates do fluctuate through the year. Feel free to contact me directly as I'll be happy to personally assist with your reservation.

Best wishes,

Chanelle Laws
wasbt-ds@hilton.com

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff is nice, the service is good, there's a full bar and restaurant here. What more can you ask for?? The location is walking distance from all the cute, quaint restaurants in Bethesda. The room was very clean and spacious. I was happy with the entire experience. But, the best part is THE OFFER YOU A COMPLIMENTARY GLASS OF WINE OR BEER UPON CHECKIN!! I can't think of anything better when traveling on a hectic business trip. It makes me say "I love you" to the check-in staff. That put a smile on my face and delighted me.

Great job!!!