“Surprised I've Never Been Here Before”
Review of Newton's Table - CLOSED

Newton's Table
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Woodmont and Arlington
Transit: We are two blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station, on the Red Line.
Description: Newton's Table, a new restaurant by Chef Dennis Friedman, is the latest addition to downtown Bethesda featuring contemporary American cuisine. Renovations are almost finished and opening is slated for early April.
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was a very pleasant restaurant. Our food was great. The service was attentive and the decor was tasteful without overkill. We had the warm spinach salad and Kobi ravioli to start. My wife had the chicken pot pie (can this be elegant ---yes!), and I had the crusted salmon. They let us taste wines to find the one we wanted. Each dish was innovative. The warm spinach salad was made with bacon, goat cheese, and crudite in a light dressing (quite fine). I don't go for "fried" very much, but the kobe ravioli was an exception. The pasta wasn't too thick and it came with a lemon aioli that kept it light tasting enough. My crusted salmon was so complex, it is difficult to describe. Suffice it to say it was richly textured and spiced an innovative an pleasing way. My wife's chicken pot pie was almost comical in its nuance. Chicken pot pie with roasted chicken, enoki mushrooms, an array of winter vegetables, a beautiful cream sauce, and a restaurant -prepared crouton topping. Pretty fantastic. We'll be going here again. Not cheap, but not beyond reach.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I went back to Newton's Table recently and I was not disappointed. The service--impeccable. The food--outstanding. We have a really terrific time. If/when you have a chance, GO THERE.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went there during lunch and enjoyed an innovative dish that was tasty and a good value with lunch prices. I had made a reservation, otherwise would ha e had a long wait for a table.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I dined here with another couple last week. The service was excellent - not hovering, but definitely attentive. All of us thought the food was excellent - delicious salads, and beef and fish entrees that were perfectly cooked with nice accompaniments. The biscuits that they put on the table were amazing. We ordered 3 desserts for our table, and all were excellent; very creative and unusual.
I definitely would have given this restaurant 5 circles for its cuisine and service, but I find it unusual to pay downtown DC prices for a restaurant in the suburbs. Yes, Bethesda is expensive, but it's not downtown. This is probably one of the most expensive restaurant in Bethesda.

1  Thank jeanniedc
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The seats were a bit uncomfortable but what bothered me the most was when we asked for more bread. The guy said it was quite difficult to make the bread but he would see what he could do. Needless to say he never brought more bread out. The snapper was over cooked and the tuna was so so. The Kobe beef wantons were good but the place did not live up to our expectations.

1  Thank jtarheel94