“It is a classic and a gem.”

Bethesda Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This three-story hotel is a classic and a gem. First of all, a bottle of water and a piece of dark chocolate welcomes you with the staffs’ friendly smiles. The room has adequate space, is tastefully decorated, and its bathroom has marble floors. The room I stayed in last year had only a shower stall, but it was not a pre-fabricated one. It had tiles around, and I felt like staying at an old European hotel. The amenities such as organic soaps, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion are provided. The hotel has a courtyard, which is open to all the guests. Last year we asked for chocolate in the evening while we had a meeting. The staff presented us more than we consumed without any hesitation. They were so kind and understandable. The hotel is located a block away from the Metro Bethesda Station, and you can get to the main attractions of D.C. within15 minutes. The numerous restaurants are just behind the hotel and you have many choices to choose from. I need to stay for just one night every year in D.C. I like this hotel very much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Keiko S

Reviewed 18 April 2012

This hotel is ideally located for the Metro, local restaurants and a short drive to Georgetown. Sam was at the desk and very helpful to us when we asked questions about the area. He was rightly proud of Bethesda. I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank harveyshairyteabags
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights while attending workshop at NIH. Close to Bethesda Metro so easy access to NIH. Clean rooms, comfy beds, friendly staff. Nicer inside than out. Breakfast was adequate but not great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dragon45459
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Recently stayed here for a one-night work trip as opposed to the hotel we normally stay at (partially based on reviews found here). It was okay, though I wouldn't want to stay here for much longer than a night.

My room on the second floor was fine. It was clean and spacious enough, though I did find the shower curtain "door" to the closet a little odd... The lighting was really dim and there was a shortage of outlets. The bathroom was okay but the shower was the second tiniest I've ever been in in my life (second to an old B & B in England)--and I am not a large person! It was generally quiet save for the traffic outside.

Free breakfast was included which was nice, although the breakfast room was slightly cramped.

I'll give them props for the free wi-fi--always nice.

The location is great if you need to be right in Bethesda as I did. Very convenient and an easy cab ride to/from DCA.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel many times. I forgot my purse when I was at the computer a few weeks ago and we drove out of town. Upon reaching our house I remembered that I had left the purse hanging over the chair in the lobby of the hotel. I called immediately and was told that the staff had found it and kept it safely until we were able to pick it up the following day. We were very impressed to have found it intact.

Additionally we have found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and very conveniently located to all restaurants, shops and the metro. This is the only hotel in Bethesda that provides free limousine service within a several mile radius of the hotel. We enjoy the courtyard for breakfast or reading when the weather is good. We are treated like part of an extended family and find other hotels very impersonal in contrast. Highly recommend it if you come to this area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed here every 21 days for the past year. The service is great. I love the front desk staff.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jesstoews
Reviewed 11 April 2012

this is the best hotel in the area. Brandon and staff treat guests like family It is a clean well kept hotel the is a great bargain and is centrally located to the Metro for easy travel to see the Nation's Capital. We choose to stay here during all of our travels to the area which is every 3 weeks.. Would not even considered staying anywhere else.. this is home away from home...

Room Tip: have stayed in many rooms all are great...we travel for chemo every three weeks for the last year...