“Staff Was Exceptional”

Bethesda Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was in Bethesda for cancer tests at NIH and had lots of questions. Brandon, the Hotel Manager, went beyond the call of duty with making sure I had everything I needed including allowing me to check in a little early so I could get back to NCI for more testing. Despite the reason I was in Bethesda I had a lovely stay. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of restaurants and the Metro. The breakfast bar had a large variety of choices including yogurt and fresh fruit which fit in my special diet. A staff that goes out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Thank you.

1  Thank ccg5

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised by the boutique special touch of this hotel that I spoke with general manager before checking out. The staff was exceptional and the room was cozy with several amenities including even a grab bar to assist with getting out of the shower. The room felt more like a large comfortable bedroom than a hotel room. There is an exercise room and even car service available. I have traveled extensivly and staying at this boutique style hotel has made me rethink staying at the large chain hotels when travelling.

Do yourself a favor and stay at this hotel.
Ask for a room with a court yard view. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Yvonne, June, 2013

Room Tip: Request a court yard view. The second floor is where the exercise room is located. Hotel is close t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

It really does trouble me not to give this Hotel an excellent review because so much is good about it. The location is in a trendy area of Bethesda with plenty of great restaurants steps away. It is only two blocks from the Metro and a straight drive into Georgetown. The staff was friendly, professional and extremely helpful. The rooms are all updated and very pleasant. The hotel has an outside court yard that is the perfect place to unwind. My only gripe is these are the worst beds I have ever slept on. I could literally feel the coils pressing against me. I travel a number of times a month and it is on my dime. I generally stay in inexpensive hotels with firm inexpensive mattresses and have not experienced this much discomfort. I can only hope in their effort to update an older hotel the mattresses are next and make this a perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: The elevator is old and small a lower room might be better if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DENNIS M
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We came from the U.K. for a wedding and found the staff exceptionally helpful. This was especially appreciated as we didn't know the area and some customs are very different in the U.S.A. which could have caused some confusion.
The chambermaids were also always polite although I don't think they understood our form of English!
We enjoyed the room decoration and the little coffee maker and microwave but when we explained we needed boiling water and tea, we were allowed to use the breakfast room facilities.
They also helped us with transport as we didn't have a car but usually we were able to use the Metro, which is very near and trains are frequent.
We also especially enjoyed eating breakfast out in the garden when it wasn't raining.
We prefer this friendly type of hotel much more than a soulless modern building with uncaring staff and boring decor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hotel was two blocks from the Bethesda Metro. People at the front desk were very hospitable. Breakfast was well stocked with a few options, and when we asked for more types of cereal they happily obliged. We've had better continental breakfasts though. The room where breakfast was served was cramped, and if you have a family then plan on taking your food to the courtyard or the couches outside the room. TV had 46 channels to choose from, and the wireless internet was slow, but worked just fine for surfing the Web, just don't plan on streaming any shows using it. We still would recommend this hotel if you want a place right outside DC that gives you easy access!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Every person we interacted with at Bethesda Court Hotel greeted us with a smile and willingness to make our stay enjoyable. Each time we needed something, it was addressed quickly and was taken care of. Each time we needed information about attractions, it was provided. It truly made our travels in Washington DC easy. We had a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

This hotel has a nice family and cosy feel to it. It has an excellent location and there are 200 restaurants in the vicinity (as per the person at the reception). There is a gym and free wifi. Breakfast is a bit basic.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business