“A delicious night out.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A delicious night out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Although the price was a hair high, we still enjoyed the Indian feast. The service was excellent considering how busy it was and the waiter brought a steady stream of water refills when he overheard my husband complain that he felt dehydrated. I thought that was rather kind of the waiter to pay attention enough to overhear us and respond accordingly.

Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
rockville, md
“Indian Food in a Better Space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

This space has changed management and decor all for the better. The food is just as good as ever or better. The service is good as well. We eat here often and seldom find better Indian Food.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank rick b
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“Very Romantic Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

So it was a rainy Saturday and we were looking for a romantic place to eat outside because our baby was with us (my beautiful biewer/yorkie mix) so we decide to go to Tandoori Nights, we talk to the hostess and asked if we could seat outside she said yes and promptly brought water for my husband, my dog and for me, When I first saw the menu I didn’t know what to order everything looked foreign to me, so I decided to ask our server, she was very nice and sweet, she took the time to explain what were the best sellers and describe the dishes we tough we were interested in.
We first order the assorted platter, from this particular platter I love the chicken tikka and the lamb kabob, I have heard so much about samosa that I was dying to try them but they were ok and I didn’t like the Pakora.
We continue ordering the Kashmiri Pulao that’s the long rice with nuts and dry fruit with the salmon in curry with coconut milk, the smell of these two entrees was divine, the portions were enough for two people and a dog. I order glass of champagne.
Overall it was a good experience, good food, great service, great price!!

• Visited August 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“deplorable service manager yelled at me when I said my dish was wrongly cooked”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I visited Tandoori Nights Bethesda on July 12, 2013 at 12:30pm and I ordered their vegan dish called Khile Phool fresh cauliflower and potatoes cooked with ginger, tomatoes, peas, and mild spices.

I made the request that they do not cook the dish with cauliflower.

They served me my meal and there was no cauliflower. But there was also another ingredient missing from my dish: peas. I summoned the manager and told them that my dish did not have any peas. The manager proceeded to raise his voice and yell at me saying that I ordered my dish with "only potatoes". I told the manager that I requested no cauliflower only, that the menu description says that there should be peas. The manager was furious and yelling at me in front of all the other patrons. I told the manager that I insisted on having peas and the manager just walked away in an angry huff.

So then I summoned the waiter who took my order and he said he will put the peas in the dish.

At the end of my meal, I wrote a letter to the owner of the restaurant. In the letter I wrote that my experience at Tandoori Nights Bethesda on July 12, 2013 was deplorable, that the manager yelled at me when I said I wanted peas in my dish. I wrote in my letter that as far as I am concerned, Tandoori Nights Restaurant can shut down its services and close completely. I also wrote that I will never eat at the restaurant again and I signed the letter with my name: Fortune Meriwether (I am a Goddess of Agawavanti.)

Then after paying full price for my horrid meal experience, I gave the letter to the manager and I spoke the words to the manager that my experience in his restaurant was deplorable, that his yelling at me over the lack of peas was unacceptable treatment of a customer who was correctly indicating that the chef cooked the wrong dish, the peas were missing. I told the manager that as far as I am concerned, Tandoori Nights restaurant can shut down forever. I told the manager that next time I choose to eat Indian food in Bethesda, I will go to "Passage to India" restaurant located on Cordell Avenue in Bethesda (an upscale restaurant.)

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Massachusetts
“A pleasant evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

In the mood for Indian food during our stay in Bethesda, my wife and I found Tandoori Nights in an upscale area of restaurants and shops near our hotel. The decor is simple but elegant, the service friendly though a little confused, with several people taking care of us at various times. We ordered the chicken korma, lamb pasanda, and Kashmiri naan, fortunately not choosing three entrees to share between us as we often do, as the servings were relatively large and came with plenty of basmati rice. Both of the main dishes were spicier than we expected, the lamb especially so, though both were well prepared, and the naan was excellent. We would eat at Tandoori Nights again.

• Visited April 2013