“Flavorful Indian Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Our group of five enjoyed the food and ambience at this Bethesda restaurant on a recent summer night. The interior is a jewel with turmeric-colored walls with saffron-colored accents and glimmering black tabletops. Service was prompt and consistent. We enjoyed the calamari appetizer though it was stingy on the calamari. A novelty was the spinach appetizer--it reminded me of kale chips with pleasant Indian spices. We ordered and then shared an eggplant dish which was everyone's favorite, a lamb dish with large pieces of lamb, and saag paneer. The food tended to be more puréed than I'm accustomed. Everything flavorful.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my dinner here. I came here with a coworker. We got a variety of kabobs and naan. We also got an eggplant vegetable dish. All dishes were delicious and enough to split between two girls. The waitress was so nice. We didn't like one waiter who was pretty standoffish. I think he just misunderstood us. Overall it was very good.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

A stylish restaurant with a large menu, good prices, and attentive staff. The food was ready quickly and reasonably priced. There is no children's menu, but enough variety that we could find a nice mix of dishes that satisfied everyone. Two adults and three children spent $57 (before tip) on 3 main dishes, 2 orders of Naan, and 1 order of Samosa. Certainly worth going back again; we would recommend this to our friends.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was one of our best Indian night out. We have lived in places where Indian food is the food of the nation, so we know what good Indian food taste like. We all loved the food and thought it was very close to the real thing! Will go back again! Enough to choose from, even for our vegetarian daughter!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very good setting for festive group meal but I did not think the vegetarian food was anything special. The service was very friendly and patient, and as I said the setting was very pleasant. It also seemed rather expensive compared to local competition, that said, probably still a good choice for a mixed veg and non veg group especially given strong service and decor,