“Better than ever!!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road
Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
Description: We are a Chef owned seafood focused restaurant in beautiful downtown Bethesda. We feature a daily changing menu and use as many locally sourced products as we can. We maintain a friendly and comfortable dining space that allows our guests to relax and recharge. We approach our restaurant with an appreciation for simplicity, authenticity and connection to our community. We deliver daily with high quality food, spirits and people. Our menus include fresh seasonal seafood at their core. We deliver food that nurtures, delights and reminds people that life is short and to enjoy a great meal more often. Our restaurant delivers a comfortable upscale environment that promotes conversation and connection
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Mussel appetizer, the Parmesan crusted sole and the cheesecake with crushed walnut crust was fantastic tonight...this place gets better every time we go there...

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our latest experience at Chef Tony's was better than ever (previous time - last year? - wasn't quite as fine although it WAS good). A 6:00 reservation on the Sunday of a holiday weekend probably helped: the noise level was low (until later) since there were few other diners at that time and we were able to get a table for 4 for the 2 of us instead of the small tables for 2, some of which are rather close together. The ambiance in the back room was nondescript although the skylight near us was a plus. The food was very good, especially the calamari (everyone seemed to order it), grilled Caesar salad, cheesecake and creme brulee desserts. Our mains were salmon pasta with artichokes and shrimp pasta: good (and plentiful) but not outstanding. Our server did a fine job although he was just a bit slow in bringing dessert - and the person refilling water glasses didn't get to us until we were eating dessert. Free parking in the garage across the street and the Groupon for the 3-course dinner (special menu) added to a very good experience. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Enjoyed a nice family dinner here. The food was good--very fresh and nicely prepared. They were a little short staffed on a Sunday evening. I wish they had a few smaller offerings in entrees.

ChefTonyMarciante, Owner at Chef Tony's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback, I read all these personally and it DOES matter. If you could elaborate a little, gifting me the opportunity to improve, I’d really appreciate it. Send an email if you can to cheftony@cheftonysbethesda, and YES, I read them all. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Whenever I think about revisiting Chef Tony's, that scene from "Dirty Harry" pops into my head, in which Clint Eastwood points a gun with an indeterminate number of bullets remaining at a man's head and asks "Are you feeling lucky?"

One thing is certain. You will pay a hefty bill. Everything else is a crap shoot. For example, if you get the waiter we had, you will find him inattentive and forgetful. Or you may get the competent waiter we noticed at the next table. Your food may be delicious, or it may be disgusting; it's not a question of your taste, but one of quality control in the kitchen.

With so many consistent restaurants in the neighborhood, this one is just not worth paying for what amounts to an expensive crap shoot. Give me La Ferme or Mon Ami Gabi over Chef Tony's anytime.

3  Thank winxalot

Trip Advisor is a new platform for my attention, and your creative and point blank review has my attention.

Consistency is the name of the game in my industry, and while I take particular offense to "disgusting" as an option, since you laid it out there, please give me just a moment to understand better what might have caused you to use such a word.

Would you be able to tell me what dish or dishes you had that was so? Did you bring this up to myself or your server? I'm mortified if you did, and we didn't react... things can happen, and while inexcusable, when we know about it, we can react.

With regards to price, I have yet to see a restaurant serving high quality fresh seafood that compares with any of our prices. Caveat emptor, but really...we are known for at least FAIR pricing, and my vendors know me over 15 years, so quality is number one.

I appreciate your time, if you choose to help a small business owner out, my email is cheftony@cheftonysbethesda.com

After 7 years in my home town, and across the globe, I realize we may not always please everyone, but da*n if we won't die trying. Thank you again, I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Waiter was not interested in taking care of us, saw the water attendant more often than the waiter. I thought he was the waiter but we were the ones who waited. Food was very good. Go if you have a lot of time to spend.

1  Thank lamasloonybin

Service is crucial, and while we want to be personable, proper service standards come first. Inattentive waiters frustrate the heck out of me, and I’m embarrassed and outraged that our service felt as such.