“Great fun for the whole family”
Review of Imagination Stage

Imagination Stage
Ranked #6 of 29 things to do in Bethesda
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagination Stage is the largest and most respected multi-disciplinary theatre arts organization for young people in the Mid-Atlantic region. We offer a year-round season of professional shows (adult actors performing for families and classes), after-school programs and summer camps for ages 1-18, and arts-integration professional development training for teachers, students, schools, and families. All of our programs are informed by our core belief in making the arts inclusive and accessible to all children, regardless of their physical, cognitive, or financial status.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I am so happy to live in an area with such a wide range of activities and entertainment for kids. I have taken my kids (age 8 and 7) to 3 performances and have always been impressed by the caliber of the acting, the beautiful and creative costumes, and the music. The one area for improvement that I would suggest is to improve the hearing aid "T-coil loop." My son with hearing loss really enjoys shows but we haven't been able to figure out how to use the T-coil with this system (also, the headsets that are provided for children with hearing loss don't function well). We have begun to take advantage of the ASL-interpreted shows, and the interpreters are amazing.

1  Thank bishkek09
"seats"
in 4 reviews
"seating"

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My son and I have attended many plays at Imagination Stage and have enjoyed every one. He is 11 now, outside the suggested age range, but he loves theater and still enjoys the shows very much. We pay attention to the entire experience, included the incredibly creative costuming, the music, the lines of dialogue and small gestures geared to older kids/adults, etc. We are continually amazed at the quality of the shows. We just saw The BFG and absolutely loved it. That's a show I would gladly see again because it was so well done. If we lived closer (we live in Northern Virginia), I would consider having my son take classes or camps here, but it's too far for that. But for a weekend show, it's wonderful, especially with the nearby parking garage being free on Sundays! We also love the gift shop! We haven't eaten at the cafe often - it's a bit high-priced for what you get - but there are plenty of restaurants nearby if we want to eat before or after a show.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This children's theatre is nothing short of awesome. There is no such thing as a bad seat. Parking was easy. The performance was marvelous. The kiddos are thrilled each and every show.

1  Thank Chy R
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The whole Imagination Stage experience is so excellent, so well done, so needed and really worthwhile to visit, to support, to recommend. Performances I have seen there over the years were all just brilliantly delivered and totally enjoyable.