“Delicious tapas”
Review of Jaleo

Jaleo
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaleo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 374 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elm Street
Transit: We are walking distance from the Bethesda Metro Station on the Red Line.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Located in the center of Bethesda, Maryland, just outside Washington DC, Jaleo offers a wide variety of options that will suit just about any palate. Jaleo's extensive menu includes plenty of veggie, seafood, meat and cheese options.

My favorite dishes are the patatas bravas (potatoes with a tomato sauce and aioli), mushrooms and garlic, cauliflower with olives and dates, escaladiva catalana (red peppers and onions), and the apple and manchego salad. I am not a seafood lover, but those I went to dinner with loved the shrimp. They also have delicious salads and and array of cheeses. They also have a nice selection of wines and sherries by the glass.

I have been to Jaleo many times over the years and the service has always been excellent.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Consistently good food and service. Interesting choices with wide variety of ingredients although a bit heavy on potato based dishes.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Recent renovation is ok but nothing great. The foosball tables converted to tables are innovative but the seating at those tables looks very uncomfortable. The pigs leg at the bar is strange and disgusting. My wife and I sat at the bar as we often do for happy hour. Great value but the menu is very limited. The service was horrible. Waiter forgot to put our order in, long wait for drinks, portions seem to have shrunk. The signature shrimp dish is still amazing and the manchego cheese is one of my favorites. As usual, the tapas is excellent but the poor service ruined the experience. We will probably go back for the tapas but we will certainly consider other choices as well. It's sad when a celebrity chef like Jose Andres loses sight of what's important and while he invested in the physical structure the service has been neglected. With better service Jaleo could be 5 stars in my book!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was once my favorite restaurant in this upscale Bethesda neighborhood, but the food and service are declining as the prices rise. Their "Canary Island style wrinkled potatoes" are no longer wrinkled, and the typical salt coating is gone. The green sauce, which once had an intense cilantro flavor, now tastes mostly of salt with a bit of garlic. I encountered some large bite of cellulose/papery inedible material and a large ?orange seed- I think from a cheesy potato dish- I was never quite sure where it came from, just knew it SHOULD NOT have been there at all. So the food is good, but in my opinion, when you charge $7.00 per scallop, the food and service should be exemplary. And now with the addition of fuss ball tables to be kid friendly, there's a good likelihood you'll find yourself next to loud children.

1  Thank Bjanemcg
Reviewed 22 October 2013

They are in a great location in the heart of downtown Bethesda, nice atmosphere and cool bar, the food is mainly Spanish tapas and very good. It's a super popular place so difficult to get in on Friday and Saturday night