“My new favorite restaurant!!!”
Review of Olazzo

Olazzo
Ranked #12 of 360 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“My new favorite restaurant!!!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband looked for restaurants in Bethesda to go for our Anniversary. He saw Alazzo's and I looked it up and saw their menu and the reviews on yelp. It sounded really good and boy was it. Everyone was very friendly and the restaurant is very cozy. We were seated in a high booth in the bar area which was fine because we could tell that the dining room was a little noisy. First we were given warm oh so yummy bread that was crusty on the outside and warm on the inside with some oil and balsamic vinegar. Next we had the mussels in the wine & garlic sauce with garlic toast croustini. They were delicious!!!. I try not to eat a lot of bread so this was a real treat for me and it was so worth it. We had the shrimp and crab rose, the spaghettini alla checca and the eggplant parm. They were all delic!! I asked for some marinara and grated cheese and I was in heaven. This is my new favorite rest. The best part the prices are very reasonable and that was one of the reasons we choose to go here. The menu looked good the reviews were positive and the price was right!. all in all we had a very nice evening and I definitely want to go back.

• Visited November 2013

Bethesda, Maryland
“High quality Italian food, reasonably priced”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

In a market where many restaurants come and go, Olazzo is a reliable standby. I enjoy going there when a craving for Italian food hits: eggplant parmesan, calamari, and pasta dishes never disappoint. Prices are very reasonable for the area. Servers are well-trained and knowledgeable about menu items. On our last visit, our party included a woman with some food allergies. The waitress kindly supplied information to help our friend make her choice.

The restaurant does become crowded and very noisy on the weekends. It is definitely family friendly and ideal for groups of friends, but is probably not the best setting for an intimate date. There is some outdoor seating in season.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Krista F
Greensboro, Georgia
“Casual, Family Friendly, Reasonable Prices, Tasty Italian Food”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I went to Olazzo with three other adults and a 4 year old and was pleasantly surprised. The biggest surprise was that all of our entrees were between 10 and 20 dollars - in Bethesda no less!! All of our selections were delicious. Service was excellent and our server was very attentive to our four year old's needs. The place was packed and noisy on a Friday night - not recommended for a quiet romantic date. They do not take reservations.

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“4 star Italian, great service, kind to older guests”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We took our 93 year old uncle to Olazzo's on a Saturday night. We tried to get there before there was a wait (no reservations), but didn't quite succeed. The hostess set up a chair for our uncle, offered him a glass of water, and in general was very kind to him. When a table became available, they suggested we wait 5 more minutes for another table that had a bit more room and would be more comfortable for our uncle (who also uses a walker). All of this kindness was greatly appreciated (this was first time at Olazzo, which was recommended by our hotel). This wonderful service and attentiveness continued throughout dinner.

The Italian menu was very reasonably priced (especially for Bethesda), and every dish the 3 of us ordered was first rate. Warm bread with olive oil was served first; not knowing this, we ordered garlic bread with mozzarella as an appetizer - it was fabulous! Our pasta dishes were all very generously sized as well. I rarely rate restaurants excellent, but Olazzo gets my 5 star rating. My only suggestion would be to go early on a Saturday night (by 6 pm), as this is evidently a very popular restaurant and there isn't a waiting area. (In the summer months, the outdoor, sidewalk seating would be great, but not in the winter.) There is a 10+ seat bar, which is great unless you have kids with you. We will absolutely be back - what a great find!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank marvi62
“Loved Elise the Server”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Delicious and reasonably priced. Baked penne white clam and lasagne all great. Highlight was Elise the server. We will be back soon.