“Amazing bar.”

Mussel Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mussel Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 358 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Belgian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elm Street
Description: We serve mussels & frites, wood-fired tarts (Belgian pizzas) with seasonal toppings, grilled meats and fish, salads, soups, sandwiches. As your server about our daily specials, we mix it up! We also have the largest selection of craft and Belgian beers in Bethesda! Happy hour daily with great specials and $1 oysters.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Amazing bar.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I decided to take Friday off, most of my day consist of sleeping in my bed and watching "girls" season 1 through 3. Later I stepped out for coffee, a good read and a drink later, after 2 and half hours at the coffee shop, I was hungry and wanted a to drink a modest ale.
The mussel bar, I've seen it before (what the heck)

The good.
They have a unique menu of delicious deliquesces. I started with the Mac and cheese gratin, they served it out in a small skillet pan, later I had the spicy lamb sausage pizza, the food are alive with fresh ingredients, food a side.
The drinks are typical cocktails, wine and a fusion spirit drinks that really surprised me, but let's get down to the nitty gritty.
I get a chub for hand made and micro brews, this place has over 500+ beers and ales. I started with kasteel rouge, next up lagunitas censored ale and ended with dominion oak barrel stout.

The bad.
The things I hate are big crowds, it was happy hour and really loud and the prices are a bit expensive, I had three drink and a 2 dish meal that came over 50 bucks.

Overall.
I see myself coming to this place again, mostly on pay days with friends and family in the very close future.

Scarlet love.

Visited May 2014

• Greek first
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“savory sauces”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Four of us enjoyed a savory dinner here on a wednesday night.
We shared two largish lamb meatballs. Tasty red sauce with mozzarella cheese.
The lamb flavor was nice, but I would have liked the meatball to have been fried a bit to give it a better mouth feel. Also shared a tartar duo, with tuna and char. It was good. We shared
two pizzas and two orders of mussels, the mediterranian and the provence. Both
were very nicely prepared, with tender mussels and savory sauces. Pizza was
vegetarian with artichoke and the other with fennel and sausage. Frites were
good, hot and crisp. The beer selection was outstanding, and served in the
correct glassware. Get a booth in front if possible to cut down on the noise.

• Visited April 2014
Austin, Texas
“Always a fun night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We eat here every time we're in Bethesda (every couple of years) and always look forward to it. The place is popular and can get busy so if the weather is permitting we like to go a little early and get one of the outside tables - that allows us to people-watch and cuts down on some of the noise inside.
The choice of Belgian and European beers is great and most are served in individual glasses designed to enhance the flavor of the particular brand/brew you're drinking. The Classic White Wine and the Provencal sauces are both great and the sauce is wonderful for soaking your bread in. The Crab Dip is fantastic!

• Visited April 2014
Bethesda, Maryland
“Mussel Bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Way too noisy including music playing loudly indoor and on the outdoor seating. Crowded and noise level too loud. Mussles o.k., fries are good.

Visited April 2014
“Great bar area... very good food, wine and beer...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

A tiny noisier than my preference... but a fun atmosphere... And it has a broad variety of steamed mussels... I recommend trying the "Mussels Provencal" :)

• Visited June 2013