“The name has changed”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a neighborhood Indian restsurant. The atmosphere is so so and the food is average, more Americanized Indian than really authentic. Nothing unusual on the menu. There are better close by.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Thank you to the other reviewers who noted the name and address change. Tripadvisor should make the switch. We had the Shrimp Jalfrezi and the Lamb Saag, with Onion Kulcha bread. Excellent. We asked for it medium spicy - which can mean a lot of different things in different restaurants and it came out at a spice level that I would actually agree is medium: spicy enough to get you to work on your drink and bread, but not spicy enough to make you regret the order ;-)
Price points were moderate. You can check out their menu and prices online. If I lived in the area, I would frequent this place.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went to this restaurant for lunch and had the buffet. The food was excellent and the price was reasonable at ~$12. Wide selection of well-prepared food choices. The staff was friendly. It was somewhat crowded but that is just because it is a good choice for lunch.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

First, let me agree with the most recent review. Both the name and address of this restaurant have changed. It is now KADHAI (not Kandhai). I confirmed this with the waiter. The other restaurant no longer exists and has been replaced by this one at a new location. I am including a new photo.

Second, yes, this is a 5 on the rating and is great Indian. We had the buffet and I will give a photo of a sampling. However, with so much other great food in te Bethesda corridor, not sure this is no.1. We ate at Jaleo the same day, that is a 5 too, and better, but it is tapas there.

This is a grea replace to eat Indian. Everything on the buffet was great. Go hungry!!

1  Thank GormandizerAnnapolis
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I found this restaurant using the TripAdvisor app and imagine my surprise and bewilderment when this restaurant not only changed its location, but its name! It's now Kandhai at 7905 Norfolk Ave., right across from Rock Bottom Brewery.

I had to call the restaurant a few times to find the location! But they were extremely helpful.

We ordered the chicken tikka masala and the methi malai chicken, and both were extremely delicious with wonderful sauces and full of nice pieces of chicken.

We will definitely remember this restaurant on a future visit!

2  Thank kurokitty