“Daughter's 13th Birthday”
Review of Le Vieux Logis

Le Vieux Logis
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Vieux Logis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 364 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Auburn Ave.
Transit: Bethesda Metro Station (Red)
Description: Welcome to Le Vieux Logis A long time Bethesda favorite, Le Vieux Logis offers a newly inspired French menu and wine list, perfect for intimate dinners, cozy nights out and quiet conversation with friends and colleagues. The kitchen showcases flavorful French recipes that change slightly with the season and the availability of locally sourced ingredients. Authentically French, the restaurant has the feel of a bistro with a French country flavor.
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania, USA
“Daughter's 13th Birthday”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Loved it! Great Food! Great Service! A place we will always remember! My daughter loved the French theme and attention.

Visited October 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful night out”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Here's the way I remember last night:

I'm not Prince Harry, but at Bethesda's LE VIEUX LOGIS, I sure felt as if I was ROYALTY.

Do you remember the childhood story about the three little pigs?

None of those piggies ever had as much fun and none of them ever had such outstanding taste success as the threesome of baby filet mignons that were my entree!

The menu calls it a TRIO OF PETITS FILETS MIGNONS.

On my plate, one little steak was infused with Béarnaise sauce; the second had a nice dollop of Bordelaise wine; and the third was permeated with a spoonful of sharp dusky peppercorns.

The sides of tasty string beans and succulent squash were not just accompaniments but were stars, themselves.

Christine,the gracious server who made me smile with her thick French accent, never left my side, insuring that I always had enough bread, butter, and coffee to satisfy a prince.

Oops, I forgot to mention that at first Diana had decided that I needed relief from the cold nip in the evening air, so she served me a bowl of warm lobster bisque that was so velvety smooth and delicious that I honestly wanted to sing!

AND THE FINALE?

The three little piggies and me said good night with a slice of Chocolate Concord Cake - three layers of Swiss chocolate mousse and three layers of Swiss chocolate meringue surrounded by just a smidgeon of a raspberry coulis.

Yum!

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent all the way around, always.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Le Vieux Logis is my favorite restaurant in Bethesda. I've gone there many times over the years, and it is always excellent, never disappointing. The service is excellent and professional. The interior and exterior give a very French country ambiance. And the owner, Diana, is always peppy, friendly and very sweet. The food is delicious and delightful, and always beautifully presented.

• Visited August 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Awesome Food, Drink & Atmosphere. Kid friendly too.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

What an awesome restaurant. I was looking for a place to dine with my wife & our 3 1/2 year old son. Our requirements were outdoor dining, wine for the parents & some escargot. This place fit the bill. We were immediately greeted by the owner, Diana who made us feel welcomed and gave each of us a hug. Within a couple of minutes, her entire staff came over to say hello to meet our son. We felt like a rock stars. We were served some fresh cheese with pecans to spread on our freshly baked bread. What awesome service. We ordered pasta & milk for our son & within minutes his dinner was served. They even brought fresh cheese to sprinkle on the pasta. I ordered a cabernet & it was actually served in the correct cabernet wine glass. I can't tell you how many restaurants we dine at and they serve cabernet in a very small chardonnay glass. Anyway, my escargot was piping hot & not overcooked. Bread was also served so that you could dip every last drop of garlic & butter. Yum. We also split an entree, Canyon Ranch Scallops. They were to die for. They were so big and also served piping hot. My son ate all of his diner which is a rarity when dining out. This place deserves a better write up than what you have seen. The food tastes great, is served piping hot which means that everything is prepared to order and the staff take an interest in its customer's. We will surely dine again & again... Thanks for an awesome meal. By the way, they offered fresh fruit (watermelon) to keep my son happy. I would give it 6 stars but there are only 5 to choose from

• Visited August 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always so good!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This past Tuesday (July 30th), we had another wonderful dining experience at the Le Vieux Logis Restaurant in Bethesda. To begin my meal I had their refreshing and delicious Watermelon salad and followed this with the special of the evening....Fish and Chips "Copenhagen Style" which was truly a treat. It is lightly battered Icelandic Cod served on a bed of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
The dining experience was completed by the warm welcome all patrons receive on entering the restaurant and the hospitality shown to them through their entire meal.
I strongly suggest experiencing a visit to the Le Vieux Logis. You definitely will not be sorry and YOU WILL RETURN!!!

• Visited July 2013