“5 stars for little $$$”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Closter, United States
“5 stars for little $$$”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel is amazing, like a 5 star hotel. pool on the top of the roof, great restaurants around and cost nothing!!! so cheap. AMAZING! We came for a convention with our family, easy access to DC. we had a great time and most of all it was a really beautiful hotel, luxurious and was so cheap. Loved the pool club and fitness on the penthouse. on saturday they even brought a DJ

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello Einat, thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. It is always a huge satisfaction for us when our guests finds our accommodation and services in line or better than what they spend. Glad you experience our great pool deck overlooking the city of Bethesda. Come see us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bethesda, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Wonderful warm welcome. They provided a warm cookie at check-in, which we loved. A pitcher of iced fruit-infused water is available at all times for guests. The hotel itself was clean, friendly, and in a great location. It was also very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Amy, thank you for this great feedback. The experience you described; from check-in to warm and friendly services; this is what we strive for with every single guest that walks through our doors. I am so glad that you were pleased.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a great hotel!!! They make you feel right at home. The front desk associate named AJ was extremely professional and resourceful. I was there May 20 - 22 and the rooms were excellent and clean. Also the you lady at the food court on the second floor was extremely professional also (see photo attached).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi Mr. Lewis, thank you for the feedback. Some of our team members remembers you as such a nice guest who shows appreciation for what they do. I am so glad we were able to make your experience enjoyable. I hope I get the opportunity to say hello to you the next time you visit.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My partner and I stumbled on this hotel due to a family emergency earlier this month when both the Navy Lodge and BOQ housing were full.
With a relative facing serious surgery at Walter Reed we were happy to find such a great hotel so close to the hospital. The room was large and accommodating and the lobby restaurant adequate for our needs.
The only downside to our stay was the outrageous prices they charged for parking ($23/night and we stayed a total of six nights) and the occupancy and sales taxes that inflated the $180/night room charge.
If you need to find a place to stay with easy access to the Walter Reed facilities, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: If you have time, do your homework to find the best price for rooms here...there seems to be quite a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Phil, thanks for your feedback. I hope that the surgery went well for your family member and hopefully doing well with his/her health recovery. It’s great that you found comfort and overall satisfaction in our hotel being your home away from home during a difficult time. Our valet parking price happens to be one of the lowest in our market; as for the room, I can tell you that we are reasonably priced for our market. Thanks again and we hope to see you again maybe on a happier occasion.
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My stay was great. The accomodations were perfect. From the time Valet took my car until the time they returned it, the level of service from DoubleTree was a TEN (10). I am speechless about the bed and how good I felt in it, especially Sunday morning, as I layed there with no sense of time. Thanks for the late checkout.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi Darryl, I just love the way you described your experience”Astonishing”. This is the description that we shoot for with every guest who stays with us. Our beds are one of the most comfortable you will find in the market; I am glad you enjoyed it. If you return in the summer remember to enjoy our roof top pool overlooking Bethesda; it is beautiful and relaxing.
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a long day in the DC urban jungle, this place is a warm inviting place to rest. The lobby is small but rooms make up for that because they are very comfortable, quiet, and updated. The neighborhood has great food choices, stores, shops, and the metro stop is a short stroll away. Their free shuttle to the metro stop was a plus. The red line ran slow on the weekends and at night, however. If you can't walk then stay closer to the metro and if you have to be somewhere fast then leave earlier. Everyone was helpful, attentive, and met our needs. The hotel was always busy. The place was family friendly and we saw many, many kids of all ages with parents. The price sealed the deal.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Woodmont Ave. for quiet.
Green Features: If you really want to go green on a DC trip then camp out in the woods. Good luck.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Henry, I read your feedback to our operations team and it made their day; thank you. I am so glad you enjoyed your entire experience with us. You pointed out our shuttle to the metro as well as the many shops, stores and restaurants within walking distance; this is a big plus for most of our guests. We also shuttle to NIH and Walter Reed medical Center… Thanks again and I hope you have a great summer.
Patuxent river
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at this location since I had a briefing at NIH. Check-in was a smooth...AJ at the front desk was wonderful! Very knowledgeable of the area...gave me information on the shuttle that picks you up at the front door & takes you right to NIH's door!! The cookies at check-in are always a plus! The room was average size but nice...comfortable beds!! Room service was quick & really good...try the tomato basil soup!!!! Breakfast was the normal buffet, unfortunately, because of the time I had to catch the shuttle, I was at breakfast early & the omelet bar was not yet set up. Front desk was very accommodating in letting me get a late check-out! Not many parking options in the area, so valet parking is your best bet. Not the easiest parking to get in & out of but convenient none the less. All in all a good & comfortable stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest, reading your feedback was delightful and informative; thank you. I appreciate that you singled out one of our valued team members for his wonderful service. You mentioned the tomato basil soup you enjoyed via Room Service; it is also one of my favorites and I will share your feedback with the chef. . I hope you had a successful visit to the NIH facilities. We hope to see you again soon.