“Recent Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Recent Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently spent 1 week at the Doubletree in Bethesda, MD. Overall I am very pleased with my experience. The room was clean and very spacious. The bed was unbelievably comfortable, it was difficult to get out of bed in the mornings! Location is decent, while not in the heart of the Bethesda row area, which is about a 15min walk away, it is located very close to many new restaurants and shops. The breakfast buffet included a wide array of options, including a hot food area, made to order omelettes, pastries, and cereal. Staff was hit or miss. Some were extremely friendly while others seemed miserable or grouchy. My only real complaint would be the noise level on the weekends, particularly Saturday evening and Sunday. I was told there was a pool party with a DJ on the rooftop on Sundays, which seemed to attract the party crowd. It however was not unbearable. Overall, I felt the doubletree was a good vaule and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hi Linda, thank you for this feedback. It’s apparent that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. I truly appreciate the details of your feedback; this is very helpful for our continued improvement efforts. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Georgetown, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My never-ending fight against the dreaded down bedding--- which gives me a splitting headache. I called the night before to assure that I would have a feather-free room, re-confirmed at the desk at check in. Majority of pillows as well as the blanket were down-filled. Though they put me in a room with an air purifier, it was too much. Another call to the front desk and housekeeping was in my room within about 10 minutes. Bless her heart, she still left a down pillow which I placed in the hallway overnight.

Outside of this, the room was fine. Clean and well appointed. The bathroom was small if that is a deal-breaker for you; but it did all things a bathroom is supposed to do. The bed was comfortable enough and the room was very quiet--- no street noise.

The hall layout was a bit of a maze which was confusing at first.

The front desk folks were great as was the bellman. If you're going to need a taxi, call for one well in advance. As opposed as in DC proper, it takes a while to get one here. Plan on a wait of up to 30 minutes.

There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby, which I didn't have a chance to try out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi Ranger, thank you for this feedback. It is good to know that you enjoyed your overall experience. The down pillow for your first night seems to be the main thing that affected your experience. I am glad we were able to quickly replace the pillows with feather when you requested it. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I arrived at the hotel late evening on a Thursday. The person at the desk was AJ. He was very nice and helpful. We had several questions about getting into DC and local places to eat. Once we arrived at our rooms we were very happy. I was my mothers birthday weekend and we got a suit for her. I was spacious, and comfortable. When we weren't out and about we were in her room. When we needed extra towels the laundry service delivered them within 15 minutes. Our check out was easy because I prepaid for the stay. There was a little backup getting our car because very one was leaving the hotel at the same time, it seemed. All in all we had a great stay in Bethesda.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Sykesville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The stay was great! They were very busy when we checked in, but had someone checking with each person in line and offering water and cookies. They moved quickly to get everyone to their rooms and as always the experience at this hotel was FANTASTIC!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

From the front desk service to dining room service, the staff treats the customer with respect and care. Excellent hotel. When the key card did not work one evening, the front desk clerk apologized profusely and offered me a free breakfast pass for the following day. When I asked directions, three different staff members proposed route suggestions. There was a sense that everyone cared about the experience of the traveler.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Lynbrook, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The volunteer group I traveled from N.Y.C. "FDNY Bravest Football Alumni Association" really enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree Bethesda Hotel. From our check in being greeted with courtesy by the hotel staff, to the nice lounge area, clean hotel room, beautiful penthouse pool, and a hospitality suite for our stay it was a pleasurable experience. The area surrounding the hotel was filled with great restaurants and nightlife all within walking distance to the Doubletree Hotel. Our main reason to stay in the area was the close proximity to Walter Reed / Bethesda Hospital. Our volunterr group from the New York City Fire Department has been visiting out Wounded Veterans since 2005. We use to stay closer to the old Walter Reed Hosptial which is at least 30 minutes away. This Doubletree Hotel is so much more convenient to our group. The service and hospitality we received from the staff convinced us that this will be our new hotel for our future visits. Sincerely, Mike Hyland

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Togi M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Mike, Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bethesda for your stay and taking time to share these insights about your experience. We are happy to see another satisfied guest, who appreciated our friendly and attentive staff, as well as our accommodations. Our team members consistently focus on the care and comfort of our guests and will be so pleased to know that their efforts did not go unnoticed. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the hotel management and staff. Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stay at this hotel frequently when visiting family. The location is great, easy to walk to restaurants and the Metro. The rooms are large, comfortable and clean. The rates are very affordable compared to downtown DC prices and there is free wireless.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Christine, Thank you for sharing this insight and for your continued patronage. It is nice to have you back with us and we are glad you enjoyed this visit. We look forward to your returns and we appreciate for taking your time to wrtie this review.