“Great location, hotel good”

Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I had stayed previously for work and returned two years later for a vacation. Reading some of the comments I thought had I made a mistake coming back! Well the answer is no....... Quick check in and very polite, room on the 5th floor had everything we needed, clean and tidy. Maybe you are just lucky with the room you are given! Service at the bar in the lobby was great. The day of checking out we were able to extend our stay by a few hours due to evening flight, concierge very helpful,assisted with printing boarding passes and arranged for taxi back to the airport. Overall experience very good. Would I come back again? Yes!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Bethesda

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My clients loved everything about this hotel. 125+ Doctors. The ballroom in the lower level was quiet, when they need it and large enough for the group, and had a great registration area.
AV staff was very attentive and responded immediately. AV equipment was very good. Acoustics in the room were very good.
Pre-meeting communication was excellent from the sales staff and the event coordinator.
The location was perfect; right on top of the Metro station and convenient to many restaurants in the area.
Gift shop was well stocked.
Front desk was very nice.
Common areas were well placed and comfortable.
I would book this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank StacyEdwards
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Good Evening StacyEdwards,

We appreciate you giving our guest's an idea of what to expect when visiting Hyatt Regency Bethesda. I am so thrilled you and 125+ doctors had an amazing visit and we hope to welcome you back soon. I really do appreciate all your kind words and have forwarded them to management so we can recognize our amazing team. Hope to see you soon back in Bethesda.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Not worth the money, very old and out dated (however clean). Hotel pool is very dirty and needs a vacuum. Hotel entrance has a foul smell inside. Front desk seems very unorganized. Statues here 5 nights and paid for a balcony room with a king bed, checked in and received a room on the 2nd floor with no balcony. Metro location is key, however I recommend staying elsewhere for your money.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello there Jardhead1988,

Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback on your most recent visit to Hyatt Regency Bethesda. Very disheartening to hear about the condition of the hotel and the lack of service you received during this stay. I understand your frustration and your unwillingness to return. We really hope this is not the case and we would like to speak with your further on this matter. Please feel free to contact our Guest Relations department for any additional assistance. Look forward to speaking with you.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda for 3 nights as part of a Bus tour to Washington, DC. There were 4 of us in a room but there were only 3 sets of towels in the bathroom. The first night, I requested for an extra set and informed room service that there were 4 of us in the room. They gave us an extra set after a few minutes. However, on the 2nd and third night, I had to call them again each night to ask for an extra set. Shouldn't they have noted that there were 4 of us and automatically put 4 towel sets on the subsequent days? The front desk staff at the concierge was also not very courteous and seemed irritated that I asked for the extra set before I left for dinner the 2nd night. This kind of service was not expected of a Hyatt Regency hotel. Disappointed at the service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was a bit nervous about making a reservation here, since most of the reviews were overall positive, but the few that were not made me bit uneasy, but I had nothing but a positive experience staying there! I felt the hotel was very clean and quiet. John & Monica were the first two employees I met as I was coming in and couldn’t be more pleased! They were real treasures! It is true that some of the décor or furniture may be a bit older (but not dated or in disrepair), but I much preferred it to some of the new-wave crazy color schemes that appear to be popping up at many hotels in the past few years. The main room was spacious & I felt that the bathroom was roomy enough, it’s just that the toilet and the door seem to get in the way of each other. It would be nice to maybe put a shelf underneath the sink vanity area to place a bag or something. I did have a slight problem with my shower knob, but it was repaired immediately, with no other issues for the rest of my stay. Housekeeping was friendly, quiet & helpful. The desk sits directly under the air conditioner vent which makes it a bit chilly if you need to sit and work (maybe should be moved to other side of TV cabinet?). The desk also had a bar underneath the legs that was a bit awkward, and I never could really get the lamp adjusted so that I did not get a glare on my screen. Temps were a bit slow to respond, but I think was more dependent on whether the curtains were opened or not. Did not use the hotel supplied wi-fi, but I had no problems with my self supplied hot spot or cell phone coverage. I took the Metro to Walter Reed because I thought the shuttle only went to the NIH (but in fact, Walter Reed is directly across the street from the NIH), so I believe that you could successfully ride the shuttle for both. I did walk to Walter Reed one day, and it is about a mile on a sidewalk with multiple street crossings. I did not eat the breakfast at the hotel since there was a charge for it. There were multiple transportation options available directly in front of the hotel. There is a Doughnut shop directly under the hotel in the Metro area. There is a CVS dug store about 5+ blocks away. I had pizza delivered from M&N that was quite tasty. I felt quite safe in this neighborhood, but this is a big city & you should be aware of your surroundings at all times. You can take a hotel elevator into the Metro landing. I did not swim in the pool, but went up to see it, and the pool area seemed quite chilly. I was on the sixth floor and was not bothered by the traffic noise; although you could hear an occasional ambulance siren. Overall a very satisfying experience, and I a pleased with my stay there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed at the hyatt, it was an overall good stay. there was a good attentative valet service and a swell front desk staff. the room was a bit small and there were some issues with it that i discussed with the staff. they seemed reluctant to compensate me for the issue but then allowed me to have free continental breakfast, which in my opinion should've been complimentary. all in all, the staff is well trained and the property was in good shape and excellent for conventions and meetings. also its across from the metro, a plus.

Room Tip: Do not book the queen rooms, they are quite small
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hard review to write.

The facility is great. Very inviting. Rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. Rooms service was dependable and the breakfast was delicious.

The hard part of the review and an inner debate on how to rate is over their wi-fi and business center policies. Their rooms are expensive but not out of line. Why do they feel the need to charge $11.00 per 24 hours for internet access. Is that for device or for room? Most hotels including much less expensive properties include wi-fi in their base rates. In addition a need to print conference schedule so went to business center. Was shocked to discover could not access until I entered a payment method.

Would have liked to give a higher rating but do not appreciate the price gouging on internet access. Access which is so cheap to provide.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business