“Excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

I booked my stay at the Hyatt Bethesda from Hotwire for a great price. I was in town for a conference and appreciated the extremely easy access to the metro station. There were many nice restaurants, shops, and two movie theaters within walking distance of the hotel. The fitness room was great with top-of-the-line treadmills and ellipticals. Rooms somewhat dated, but always clean. Would have liked to have had free wireless internet access, though.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2009

As the title of this reivew states, you can't beat the convenience of this hotel if work/leisure finds that you must be in Bethesda. Spent one night, got a great rate on priceline.com ($100 including taxes). Assigned 9th floor room with two double beds. Clean, quiet, if a tad bit worn around the edges. Nice sized bathroom. Front desk personnel very pleasant and chatty. Had a quick and tasty room service dinner - also a very pleasant experience. I won't go into anymore detail - the other reviews do enough of that. Suffice to say that for $100/night, right on top of the Metro and in downtown Bethesda, it's a hard bargain to beat.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank NavyDawg
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2009

This was the hotel that we chose for our wedding. In terms of pricing and arranging a wedding package, the hotel was really decent. They dropped the price significantly over the weekend that our wedding guests would be in town, making for a very affordable stay for our guests.

However, the hotel routinely bungled a number of matters. The worst was that they woke me up at six a.m. on the morning of my wedding- I was *exhausted* from all the festivities- to make inquiries about what time the masseuse should be coming to my room- i had booked a massage for 10 a.m. on the day of the wedding.

They woke me UP! AT SIX A.M.! to confirm the details of this spa service. I was furious. I couldn't get back to sleep, and it was just not a great way to start the day. I was more tired than I would have been otherwise thanks to this hotel's inconsiderate staff.

Oh, and then the masseuse never showed up.

So i called and pictched a fit. I got 2 nights for free, so they were trying to atone for the error, but seriously. We managed to rent out 100 + rooms for them for our wedding, and they couldn't desist from phoning me re. details of a service I booked through them at SIX O'CLOCK in the morning on the day of my wedding? ridiculous. In that regard, the property is fairly poorly managed. Also, they gave my BFF a pretty crappy room . They let her switch until she got one she liked, though.

Also, we had those "welcome" baskets for our guests and they kept forgetting to give them out to the guests that had checked in to the hotel for our wedding .

The restaurants in this hotel are pretty good. I really liked the Daily Grill! The fitness center is adequate, they have a decent amount of new-ish cardio equipment, and they also have some free weights, though the free weights space is rather small.

• Liked — beautiful terrace
  • Disliked — inconsiderate and disorganized staff.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank neimanmarxist

Travellers are raving about these Bethesda hotels

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2008

I stayed one night before a business meeting, which itself was located at the Hyatt. The location is great in that it is right above the Metro stop, so it was a breeze getting to and from Regan-National. The staff was very friendly and proactively helpful (e.g. without my asking, they offered to give me frequent flier miles). The room was quiet and comfortable. There are quite a few places to eat nearby, including a Grill inside the hotel, which was ok for lunch ($15 for a Coke, fish sandwich, fries, tax, & tip).

My only beef was with the internet service. If wireless internet is free with an $90 room at a Comfort Inn, why isn't it free with a $200+ room at a Hyatt? More annoying was the fact that after paying for 24 access, I couldn't connect in the meeting room. (I wasn't alone in this experience.)

• Liked — proximity to the Metro station
  • Disliked — internet fee and access
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2008

I stayed one night at this hotel, for business. The hotel and room were very nice. The main attraction is the proximity to the metro station, which was right beneath the hotel. I could get into DC in about 15-20 minutes. The hotel itself is a little boring, the bar area is small and didn't look very interesting.

The pool/gym was under construction, and a disappointment. It looks like it will be good when renovated, but if this is something thats important to you, best call ahead and see if the renovations are complete.

Overall, very nice, but my main motivation was proximity to the metro.

• Liked — Proximity to Metro
  • Disliked — Pool / fitness center (under renovation at the time)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2008

I live in the area, but my family was coming to visit DC and they wanted to stay close to a metro station. Via Hotwire I got an amazing deal for this room so we all booked here. It was great! First off, I stayed in the room by myself with my two kids aged 1 and 6 months so I needed a crib. Not only did I get a nice crib, they also gave me a basket of bath and sleep goodies for the babies...so thoughtful and something they have never done for me at any other hotel. The DC metro itself is great and the hotel is right above it so its so convenient. Our rooms were very nice, the bathrooms were relatively large, the employees were all very pleasant and welcoming, the indoor pool was a nice touch, and although we didn't eat on the premises on this trip...you can't go wrong with Morton's steak house or the Daily Grill!!! I love them both! Supermarket and a great Pancake House within walking distance that we went to daily. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOING HERE ---and take your luck with Hotwire because I am sure the price I paid on Hotwire---you won't be able to get anywhere else for this hotel!!! Wonderful experience. Will return!

• Liked — The metro stops at the hotel!
  • Disliked — that I had to pay for underground parking, but its relatively cheap in comparison to others. $10
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank nbparents
Front Royal, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2008

A group of us stayed at the Hyatt for my birthday party in January and had a blast! We stayed just one night but boy do we wish we could have stayed longer. The room was very large, the bed was super comfortable, and room service in the morning was really tasty!
I loved how they had recently updated their hotel in a "minimalist" kind of fashion. The lines in the rooms were very clean which made it very soothing. I especially loved the new mattress and comforter that they had. Not to mention it was kind of neat having an Ipod Alarm Clock.
When we went out to dinner there were plenty of taxis waiting outside to give us a lift, and the hotel staff told us exactly where we needed to go.

The only negative is that the room we had booked was double booked for a wedding, upon our arrival they fixed that and hooked us up with a suite (it was the only thing left). It was really great and they couldn't have been nicer about it.

Stayed January 2008