“Great stay!”

Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This was my first trip to Bethesda and this was a great place to stay. It is close to several restaurants and the metro was only a block away so there was easy access to DC.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank brichelle
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Outstanding to within one block of Metro and very close to multiple restaurants. Within walking to many restaurants. The hotel was very conveniently located in downtown Bethesda. The only negative I can mention is the $20 per night valet parking fee. On the weekends, free parking is available in a municipal garage less than one block away. Overall, the hotel is an excellent value with free breakfast and offering free manager's specials dinners three night's per week. They also are pet friendly for those traveling with pets.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave2605
HotelResidenceInn, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your great stay. I understand about the parking and do to our limited spaces we unfortunately do have to charge. When traveling back to Bethesda we hope you choose us again.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

The Residence Inn in Bethesda is close to transportation and has one of the most helpful staffs I have ever encountered. the hotel is undergoing a major lobby renovation so there is no business center and the breakfast room is under reconstruction.
The real problem is they have bed bugs. At 1:00a.m I was awakened by a felling of something crawling on my leg. I grabbed the something and took it into his kitchen where I looked it over and then squashed it on a paper towel. (It was engorged with blood-not mine)
I took the bug carcass downstairs and they immediately changed my room and comped me one nights sty.
Needless to say I checked out the entire bed and mattress before accepting the new room assignment.
Caveat Emptor!

Room Tip: Make sure there are no bed bugs
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank airbag2011

We take the matter of all bugs very seriously. When reported we immediately switched rooms and place the room out of order. Upon inspection by a third party company that we are contracted with, they found no evidence of bed bugs in the room. While I am grateful this was not a bed bug issue, I do apologize for the inconvenience this had casued during your stay. We have a very strict inspection process at this hotel, and our staff is trained and seasoned in the proper procedures to clean. We do hope in your return to the area that you give us another chance.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Wife and I over the past several years stay at this location 3-4 times a year, 2-3 nites. While you get breakfast as part of the room price the quality of the food in the last year and one half has lessened in quality. Are they cutting corners and trying to save a buck! If you can't serve something that is decent, don't serve it and reduce the room price; or serve decent eatible food and up theprice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon. Upon reading your review I was dismayed to see that you did not enjoy our breakfast buffet. We prepare everything fresh that day and constantly monitor it throughout service to ensure the highest of quality. I will admit that we have changed up our breakfast program from years past. This was done to create more variety on a daily basis. We appreciate the feedback and have added items that were not part of the program, but our guests enjoy having. We hope on your return trip through you will try us again, and if there is something special you are looking for, we will try our best to accommodate your wishes. Regards

Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband had military duty at the hospital and so we tagged along. Our suite was nice - clean, spacious, new, nicely decorated. The gym downstairs was acceptable. The breakfasts in the morning had a very large variety and the evening "cocktail" hour ended up being an actual meal on the 2 nights we attended. Plus, the hotel was in a great location for shops and places to eat. We were here for almost 2 weeks and we got to know the area pretty well. There's a great little grocery store just a few blocks away. So, yes, great place.
HOWEVER, what is the ONE thing all little girls and boys look forward to about a hotel? The pool. The pool here was dreadful. Small, shallow, out dated. The hours are ridiculous - it's only open from 12:00pm to 7:00pm. And to add insult to injury, they have a darn lifeguard perched right beside it. I didn't want to swim because she's so close to the pool, its weird having one person just stare at you. And when my son did what all children do and jumped in the pool.... WHISTLE blowing... "No jumping in the pool!" ....... HUH?!?! It was bizarre. They must have been sued at some point. That pool was more interesting and archaic than some mueseums we visited. So, anyway, my verdict is great for the non-aquatic business man, but find someplace more fun if you're traveling with kids.

(If, for some reason, you do end up staying here with the kids, there's a cute park just across the street from the grocery store that is about 3 blocks away AND 2 cupcake shops within a few blocks. Might redeem you're cool parent status after the dreadful pool.)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank alethalsin

Thank you for taking the time to write a response about our hotel. I agree, our pool is smaller than most. It is primarily a lap pool. Due to Montgomery County Law we are required to have a life guard at all times. The no jumping in the pool, while not fun for kids, is a safety feature so no one gets hurt. I do thank you for the kind words about the rest of our hotel.

Regards

Reviewed 1 August 2011

My son is attending JrNYLC & this is an great choice for families

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 27 July 2011

4 of us (mom, dad, and 2 13 year old sons) recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Bethesda. It was just perfect for us! The one bedroom suite had ample space for us to spread out and the buffet breakfast was a nice way to start the day. The metro station is a short walk away; we rode the metro for all of our transportation to the sites in DC. The Bethesda area is nice too. We also enjoyed the rooftop pool.

• Stayed: July 2011