“Best family lodging in Bethesda”

Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Right across from the Metro station, small suites suitable for families with children, clean, convenient, and you get free Wi-Fi and breakfast!

What's not to love?!?!

I stay here whenever I am with my daughters. There is tons of close by shopping, food, and entertainment. Plus all of DC is a train ride away.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and have had good experiences. My family is going to Bethesda this weekend to visit my very sick mother in the hospital and we planned to stay at the same Residence Inn. However, I learned they recently changed their pet policy to charge $175 - non-refundable! This is an OUTRAGEOUS fee for bringing your pet - more than it costs to rent the room for one night! I suggest you stay at the Sheraton in Silver Spring instead. They are *actually* pet friendly. Harrumph!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have never been more impressed with the entire hotel staff. They were professional, nice, warm and accommodating. All around every single one of them exceeded my expectations. I interacted with 3 engineers and they were all so sweet and so professional. Nicole was lovely and consistently nice for every single need I had over the 5 day stay. So were the other 2 girls at the front desk.

Even the housekeeping ladies were so sweet... I travel a lot all over the world, and have had the pleasure of staying at many 4 and 5 star hotels. I was so pleasantly surprised by the genuine warm welcome I have received at the Residence Inn Bethesda. The room was nice and comfortable and the overall experience was amazing. Also it is perfectly located, walking distance from the Regal theater across the street, many restaurants and yoga studios.

Room Tip: Ask for room 804, nice corner room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The rooms seem to all be updated and extremely spacious for DC. Location is great in Bethesda. Walking distance to numerous restaurants and a couple blocks from the metro. Decent breakfast included, too many local dining choices in the area to stay in hotel in evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Okay so we were only in the USA and Canada for four weeks from 6 December until January 3 and we only visited five major centres. BUT I researched hotels from New York through Niagara Falls to Toronto and back to Washington DC, Philedelphia and back to New York and this hotel was the best value of any of them without any compromise in quality. We booked a suite with a separate bedroom with two double beds and a fold out sofa in the sitting area, there was also a well equipped kitchen and good bathroom. TVs in each room with a good selection of channels.

A cooked breakfast was included and free valet parking which we utilised almost every day with no hassles or delay. When we arrived the staff were great and when we inquired about a nearby restaurant we were told that dinner was gratis in the dining area for all of us, this consisted of really tasty home made Mexican food and a couple of complimentary beers, wine and soft drinks for five.

At all other times the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located five minutes walk from the Metro with a twenty minute ride to the centre of Washington, a little further to Arlington Cemetery and the Pentagon and trains that were clean, uncrowded and very regular. The centre of Bethesda is about the same distance with grocery shops, liquor stores and a multitude of nice restaurants and bars.

We would recommend this hotel without hesitation to anyone going for a holiday to Washington DC.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I took my family (my wife & two teen age daughters) to visit relatives in Washington DC for the weekend over Christmas Break.

I found this and am very pleased with this hotel. The Bethesda location is so convenient when you're visiting Washington at a much more reasonable rate. The Hotel is a short walk to a number of clubs, restaurants, a movie theater & a Giant supermarket.

The room was spotless and perfect for our needs. We had a room on the 10th floor that included a small kitchen, a living room sitting area & a bedroom with 2 queen sized beds. The couch in the living room. It was spacious and extremely comfortable for the four of us.

The hotel provides a free hot buffet breakfast. This was a great value and convenience for us. It's in a large room with plenty of tables, but it does fill up the last hour so try to get there before 8 AM on weekdays or 9 AM on weekends. It was pouring rain one of the days and the in-hotel breakfast saved us from going out for breakfast. The selection includes waffles, eggs, sausages, oatmeal as well as yogurt, fruit and cold cereal. WiFi is also included free of charge. With two teens, WiFi is a must for us now! And it kills me to pay a separate charge for it.

I am a fan of Marriott. The staff, as we find with any Marriott property, was friendly, helpful and efficient. We were greeted as we entered and left and any question we had we received a cheerful answer.

I'd recommend this to anyone traveling to Washington DC or the Bethesda area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Hi Jim,

Thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding our hotel and your stay. The large room, buffet breakfast, location and free WiFi always make traveling with a family, especially teenagers, more comfortable. I hope you had a great visit with your relatives. We hope to have you back next year or sooner. Thank you being a loyal Marriott guest.

Shelly

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at this Property for a couple of nights and had a great time. Staff was friendly, great large rooms, perfectly clean, breakfast was awsome! what else is there to say? LOCATION! absolutely wonderful! Will come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. Good to hear you had a great time. Bethesda is a wonderful location for that. We look forward to your return visit.

Warm Regards,