“Great place to stay in DC area”

Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two kids for a long weekend. It is a very convenient option for families. We were able to put both kids in the living room, use the kitchen for preparing milk and snacks, and free breakfast downstairs was a big hit. The room was decorated nicely and while it is an older building, the beds and shower were updated. On a weekend, we could here a little street noise, so I would request a high floor. There is plenty within walking distance in Bethesda and the metro is just outside. I would definitely stay here again. One note - definitely go for a room package with valet parking, as you will need it if you come with a car.

Room Tip: request a high floor facing waverly
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica N
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for the nice review. We are happy you enjoyed your weekend getaway with the family and our hotel amenities. Our location in Bethesda and the suites are perfect for families visiting family and friends in the immediate area or hopping on the metro to DC. We hope to see you again when you visit Bethesda.

Warm Regards,

Shelly

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have stayed here on many occasions and it is well suited for suits and families given the various choices in town. It has competition but the staff makes it feel just right ...they are courteous and well trained. The rooms are traditional family suite arrangements and the property is getting a bit worn like the bathrooms, but the beds/linens are all good and the maintenance staff stays on top of everything. The free breakfast is also a nice perk. My only complaint is they need to stir the oatmeal occasionally to avoid clumping. Hopefully mgmt is reading this :-).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Right across from the Metro station, small suites suitable for families with children, clean, convenient, and you get free Wi-Fi and breakfast!

What's not to love?!?!

I stay here whenever I am with my daughters. There is tons of close by shopping, food, and entertainment. Plus all of DC is a train ride away.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and have had good experiences. My family is going to Bethesda this weekend to visit my very sick mother in the hospital and we planned to stay at the same Residence Inn. However, I learned they recently changed their pet policy to charge $175 - non-refundable! This is an OUTRAGEOUS fee for bringing your pet - more than it costs to rent the room for one night! I suggest you stay at the Sheraton in Silver Spring instead. They are *actually* pet friendly. Harrumph!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have never been more impressed with the entire hotel staff. They were professional, nice, warm and accommodating. All around every single one of them exceeded my expectations. I interacted with 3 engineers and they were all so sweet and so professional. Nicole was lovely and consistently nice for every single need I had over the 5 day stay. So were the other 2 girls at the front desk.

Even the housekeeping ladies were so sweet... I travel a lot all over the world, and have had the pleasure of staying at many 4 and 5 star hotels. I was so pleasantly surprised by the genuine warm welcome I have received at the Residence Inn Bethesda. The room was nice and comfortable and the overall experience was amazing. Also it is perfectly located, walking distance from the Regal theater across the street, many restaurants and yoga studios.

Room Tip: Ask for room 804, nice corner room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The rooms seem to all be updated and extremely spacious for DC. Location is great in Bethesda. Walking distance to numerous restaurants and a couple blocks from the metro. Decent breakfast included, too many local dining choices in the area to stay in hotel in evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Okay so we were only in the USA and Canada for four weeks from 6 December until January 3 and we only visited five major centres. BUT I researched hotels from New York through Niagara Falls to Toronto and back to Washington DC, Philedelphia and back to New York and this hotel was the best value of any of them without any compromise in quality. We booked a suite with a separate bedroom with two double beds and a fold out sofa in the sitting area, there was also a well equipped kitchen and good bathroom. TVs in each room with a good selection of channels.

A cooked breakfast was included and free valet parking which we utilised almost every day with no hassles or delay. When we arrived the staff were great and when we inquired about a nearby restaurant we were told that dinner was gratis in the dining area for all of us, this consisted of really tasty home made Mexican food and a couple of complimentary beers, wine and soft drinks for five.

At all other times the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located five minutes walk from the Metro with a twenty minute ride to the centre of Washington, a little further to Arlington Cemetery and the Pentagon and trains that were clean, uncrowded and very regular. The centre of Bethesda is about the same distance with grocery shops, liquor stores and a multitude of nice restaurants and bars.

We would recommend this hotel without hesitation to anyone going for a holiday to Washington DC.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family