“So well located, very comfy”

Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were a family of 4 adults and two children sharing a 2 bedroom unit. Very spacious- plenty of bedding, yet also plenty of privacy. The breakfast is the typical varied assortment of hot and cold offerings. The location is within 1-2 blocks of an upbeat area with many fine eating options from fine dining to fast food. You are only one block from the Red Line Metro which will take you right to several great stops in downtown D.C.-takes perhaps 15-20 min, and a round trip is about $5 or an all day pass is about $14. There is a small'ish rooftop pool with life guard- no spa. The staff was very helpful, and we had daily maid service. Super comfy beds! We stayed in this area due to some business appointments, but sightseeing in downtown D.C. was a breeze.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello Flyaway San Diego,

Thank you for the review regarding your stay recent stay with us. It's certainly a plus to get great comments from our experienced travelers. We are glad that our Two Bedroom suite fit the needs of your family and that you found our beds to be a "super" comfy. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the Dc area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I spent the weekend there with my aunt and cousins the customer service was great. Awesome breakfast. Also, Jamie the receptionist at the front desk was very sweet and welcoming. She was very helpful and polite. Great place to stay

• Stayed: May 2014
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi Candy,

Thank you for the nice review and recognizing Jamie. She will be thrilled. We do have an awards program for staff that is recognized by our guest. We are happy that you enjoyed your weekend in Bethesda with your family. We hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have visited the DC area in the past and usually stay at a certain (very expensive) high-end hotel that provides us with a high level of service and a great atmosphere, as well as easy access to DC and the metro. For this visit, I was moving my daughter to Maryland for a summer internship, and I was hoping to save a little money by staying outside of DC, since this was not a vacation or business-related. I wasn't sure what to expect for the reasonable rate I was paying. Was I ever surprised!

From the moment I checked in, I felt so welcome. My daughter was not staying with me, but she was there when I checked in. We were warmly greeted and offered complimentary bottled water after our long journey. When we got to my room, I found it very spacious, spotless, and everything in working order. The view of downtown Bethesda was beautiful at night.

We walked to a lovely restaurant (there were so many to choose from in such close proximity to the hotel!) and had a nice meal. While exploring the area, we found the metro station that is only steps away from the hotel! With renewed energy, we decided to ride into DC and take in the monuments by moonlight. By the time we returned, I was exhausted. How wonderful that it was just a short walk back to my room! After a nice warm shower I got the best night's sleep I think I have ever had while staying in a hotel. The mattress and pillows were so comfortable!

The complimentary breakfast that was offered in the morning was outstanding. So many choices! And I also enjoyed the complimentary Washington Post and in-room wifi. I was in and out many times helping my daughter move and also trying to fit in a little bit of sightseeing. Every time I left or returned, I received a warm greeting from both the valet staff and the front desk.

Staying at the Residence Inn in Bethesda was a wonderful experience. I have already booked another stay for August. Can't wait!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi Dianne,

Wow! Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here in Bethesda with your daughter and that we could be part of it. We look forward to seeing you again in August. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to prepare for your arrival.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for ten days, visiting family and friends in the area. They were as impressed with our suite as we were! The staff were consistently pleasant and helpful.

A special shout-out to Latona Mahoney. She was one of the first staff members we saw each day, in the breakfast room, and set a great tone for the rest of the day. Latona was exceptionally helpful, generous, and cheerful. She really went beyond all expectations... a wonderful example of hospitality at its best.

We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always great to hear fromm our guests regarding their stay with us. I am glad to here your time visiting friends and family in the area was enjoyed.
Thank you as well for the shout out for Latonya. I will certainly make sure this is share with her and the rest of her team at the hotel. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the Bethesda/DC area.

Have a great day,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights while in town for graduation. This was a perfect location for our trip and I highly recommend this place.

Pros:
-The people who work here are awesome, from the front desk to the valets. Always offered us water when we arrived or asked if we needed anything. Made sure we had transportation when requested, etc.
-The breakfast that is included is great - hot foods, fruit!! fresh oatmeal, and breads...lots of choices for everyone.
-The rooms are great, we had a full kitchen - frig, microwave, dishwasher, stove and all the dishware / utensils (wine opener even) included...not that I would cook on vacation, but we did entertain the rest of the family in our room a lot and were able to keep milk, soft drinks, mixers, snacks, etc.. The beds were very comfortable. The room also had a fold out couch (but we did not use this) and a recliner in the living area with a full size dining table.
-This hotel is only a block from the Bethesda Metro Stop (red line) (elevator entrance) and about 2 blocks from the escalator entrance. Someone said there was another entrance thru an office building near us, but I never looked for that.
-It is within walking distance of several great places to eat, a grocery store, and once we figured out the walking map, a liquor store.
-The breakfast eating area also has a great covered patio for the evening time or morning. I sat out here when waiting for everyone to gather.
-It is also located close to a great vintage re-sale called Mustard Seed. We did spend a little time shopping and I am sure there are other places to shop close by.

Needless to say I could not have been happier with our choice to stay here. We have been in DC several times and this hotel offers a lot for a very reasonable price.

What I did not have time to do was to check out the fitness center, but we had a full schedule.

There also was a public parking building within 1-2 blocks...I assume you could park here if you chose not to valet. We did not have a car and used the metro and Uber (another 5 stars to Uber, check it out!).

The only cons would be that the furniture in the living area could stand to be re-upholstered or replaced. The desk chair was worn and the ottoman was worn. Other than that I have no complaints.

I did also notice that they allow pets. I have 2 dogs that I love, but I do not travel with them while on vacation, but I guess for those that do this is a good thing. I will say that I usually do not stay at places that allow pets as I always get stuck next door to the dog that barks, but I didn't hear anything and only saw 1 or 2 on the way out the door.

Don't know why we haven't stayed here before. Next time we're in the DC area, this place will be at the top of my list!

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor, but the rest of the family was on 5. Both locations were good.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

To put it simply - it was fabulous. Every part of our stay was amazing from the reservation process through to checkout.
Everyone we came in contact with was so friendly and went out of their way to assist us. Our questions were answered, we were provided with directions and printed maps to our destinations, and we were greeted each time we returned.
And the location was perfect as well. Close to the Metro, shops, restaurants and church. :)
I will definitely bring my family back this summer for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Residence Inn is within walking distance to local restaurants, the metro ,shops and very close to the D.C. area and local attractions. The rooms are suites, a full kitchen (with dishwasher) living room area with pull out couch and separate bedroom with 2 queen size comfy beds. They serve a full hot breakfast, with plenty of variety and delicious. The Staff are helpful and pleasant. You can always count on Marriott to do the right thing. I heard there was a rooftop pool, which I personally did not see . I would revisit this area again, since I have family here , and stay at this hotel. Its a great home away from home feel , mini vacay or even for the business traveller.