Residence Inn by Marriott Bethesda Downtown
GardenInn.com
US$217
US$189
  • Pool
Bethesda Marriott Suites(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
US$243
  • Restaurant
US$142
US$139
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase(Chevy Chase)(Great Value!)
US$327
  • Breakfast included
US$200
US$157
Official Site
All reviewsfull kitchenone bedroom suitevalet parkingdining tableseparate bedroomsrooftop poolfree breakfastmetro stationpet feesized fridgethe living room areatwo blocksan extended stayoatmealthree nightshotel is in a great locationthe penthouse
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Decent location in Bethesda, good breakfast, just didn't have the friendliest experience with the staff. (for now reason.. just not that accommodating or willing to help out) Rooms are large, somewhat dated. Kitchen seemed equipped, but didn't use it. It is a fair hike to the nearest grocey, btw. Overall pricy for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank veffekt
Shelly S, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hello Veffekt,

Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our downtown location, as well as our complimentary full hot breakfast. Please accept my apologies for the experience that you had with our staff. Our goal is to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations. Unfortunately with your stay we did not meet that goal. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to find to out specifics about your stay so we can identify the room that needs repair and as well as determine what we can do to restore your faith in our hotel. You may contact me at ri.wasbr.gm@marriott.com or call the hotel directly at 301-718-0200. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were a family of 4 adults and two children sharing a 2 bedroom unit. Very spacious- plenty of bedding, yet also plenty of privacy. The breakfast is the typical varied assortment of hot and cold offerings. The location is within 1-2 blocks of an upbeat area with many fine eating options from fine dining to fast food. You are only one block from the Red Line Metro which will take you right to several great stops in downtown D.C.-takes perhaps 15-20 min, and a round trip is about $5 or an all day pass is about $14. There is a small'ish rooftop pool with life guard- no spa. The staff was very helpful, and we had daily maid service. Super comfy beds! We stayed in this area due to some business appointments, but sightseeing in downtown D.C. was a breeze.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello Flyaway San Diego,

Thank you for the review regarding your stay recent stay with us. It's certainly a plus to get great comments from our experienced travelers. We are glad that our Two Bedroom suite fit the needs of your family and that you found our beds to be a "super" comfy. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the Dc area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I spent the weekend there with my aunt and cousins the customer service was great. Awesome breakfast. Also, Jamie the receptionist at the front desk was very sweet and welcoming. She was very helpful and polite. Great place to stay

• Stayed: May 2014
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi Candy,

Thank you for the nice review and recognizing Jamie. She will be thrilled. We do have an awards program for staff that is recognized by our guest. We are happy that you enjoyed your weekend in Bethesda with your family. We hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have visited the DC area in the past and usually stay at a certain (very expensive) high-end hotel that provides us with a high level of service and a great atmosphere, as well as easy access to DC and the metro. For this visit, I was moving my daughter to Maryland for a summer internship, and I was hoping to save a little money by staying outside of DC, since this was not a vacation or business-related. I wasn't sure what to expect for the reasonable rate I was paying. Was I ever surprised!

From the moment I checked in, I felt so welcome. My daughter was not staying with me, but she was there when I checked in. We were warmly greeted and offered complimentary bottled water after our long journey. When we got to my room, I found it very spacious, spotless, and everything in working order. The view of downtown Bethesda was beautiful at night.

We walked to a lovely restaurant (there were so many to choose from in such close proximity to the hotel!) and had a nice meal. While exploring the area, we found the metro station that is only steps away from the hotel! With renewed energy, we decided to ride into DC and take in the monuments by moonlight. By the time we returned, I was exhausted. How wonderful that it was just a short walk back to my room! After a nice warm shower I got the best night's sleep I think I have ever had while staying in a hotel. The mattress and pillows were so comfortable!

The complimentary breakfast that was offered in the morning was outstanding. So many choices! And I also enjoyed the complimentary Washington Post and in-room wifi. I was in and out many times helping my daughter move and also trying to fit in a little bit of sightseeing. Every time I left or returned, I received a warm greeting from both the valet staff and the front desk.

Staying at the Residence Inn in Bethesda was a wonderful experience. I have already booked another stay for August. Can't wait!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi Dianne,

Wow! Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here in Bethesda with your daughter and that we could be part of it. We look forward to seeing you again in August. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to prepare for your arrival.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for ten days, visiting family and friends in the area. They were as impressed with our suite as we were! The staff were consistently pleasant and helpful.

A special shout-out to Latona Mahoney. She was one of the first staff members we saw each day, in the breakfast room, and set a great tone for the rest of the day. Latona was exceptionally helpful, generous, and cheerful. She really went beyond all expectations... a wonderful example of hospitality at its best.

We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always great to hear fromm our guests regarding their stay with us. I am glad to here your time visiting friends and family in the area was enjoyed.
Thank you as well for the shout out for Latonya. I will certainly make sure this is share with her and the rest of her team at the hotel. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the Bethesda/DC area.

Have a great day,