“Great place to stay while seeing DC”

Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
“Great place to stay while seeing DC”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our room was lovely and well appointed, the hotel is quiet, the staff is friendly and efficient, and the subway is a block away across the street. The breakfast was great and the pool delighted my kids after a long drive. We chose this hotel in part because it was close to the Metro Red Line but there was weekend track work requiring us to transfer to free shuttle buses. Luckily we had allowed extra time to get into DC to meet a guided tour we had booked. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 6 weeks recently. The staff like Jamie and Wasel were always extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were fairly large for suites and the cleaning staff always kept things in order. The breakfast was good as well as the dinners, which is only on Tues - Thurs. I think staying so long made me find it like home. I think I became a fixture. Great location from restaurants and the metro.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank scnetsec
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This property is very well maintained. First glance at the outdated entrance to the lobby made me kind of on edge. Before I even got the bags out of the car, I had my wife check out the room. The room had the updated Residence Inn 1 bedroom we like with the granite counters and stainless steel appliances. Had a great week long stay. Took advantage of the evening meal 2 or 3 nights. Decent food for meat eaters. I had a salad. Our son enjoyed the chicken wings and the burgers. Ate breakfast every day. Hit or miss. One day oat meal good next day not worth a darn. Parking is $20 per day unlimited valet. All the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Tip: public rail transportation just up the street. Easy to get in and out DC.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello PutJer1,

We are happy to hear that you had a great week long stay and you were able to join us for breakfast and our evening social event. I will certainly share your review with our breakfast staff to ensure our oatmeal is consistently good each day. Great tip regarding the metro which is just a block away. It really is the easiest way to visit DC and all the sights. Thank you for staying with us while visiting DC.

Kind Regards,

Shelly Saunders
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Decent location in Bethesda, good breakfast, just didn't have the friendliest experience with the staff. (for now reason.. just not that accommodating or willing to help out) Rooms are large, somewhat dated. Kitchen seemed equipped, but didn't use it. It is a fair hike to the nearest grocey, btw. Overall pricy for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank veffekt
Shelly S, Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hello Veffekt,

Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay at the Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our downtown location, as well as our complimentary full hot breakfast. Please accept my apologies for the experience that you had with our staff. Our goal is to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations. Unfortunately with your stay we did not meet that goal. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to find to out specifics about your stay so we can identify the room that needs repair and as well as determine what we can do to restore your faith in our hotel. You may contact me at ri.wasbr.gm@marriott.com or call the hotel directly at 301-718-0200. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

san diego
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were a family of 4 adults and two children sharing a 2 bedroom unit. Very spacious- plenty of bedding, yet also plenty of privacy. The breakfast is the typical varied assortment of hot and cold offerings. The location is within 1-2 blocks of an upbeat area with many fine eating options from fine dining to fast food. You are only one block from the Red Line Metro which will take you right to several great stops in downtown D.C.-takes perhaps 15-20 min, and a round trip is about $5 or an all day pass is about $14. There is a small'ish rooftop pool with life guard- no spa. The staff was very helpful, and we had daily maid service. Super comfy beds! We stayed in this area due to some business appointments, but sightseeing in downtown D.C. was a breeze.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello Flyaway San Diego,

Thank you for the review regarding your stay recent stay with us. It's certainly a plus to get great comments from our experienced travelers. We are glad that our Two Bedroom suite fit the needs of your family and that you found our beds to be a "super" comfy. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the Dc area.

Kind Regards,

Union City, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I spent the weekend there with my aunt and cousins the customer service was great. Awesome breakfast. Also, Jamie the receptionist at the front desk was very sweet and welcoming. She was very helpful and polite. Great place to stay

• Stayed May 2014
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hi Candy,

Thank you for the nice review and recognizing Jamie. She will be thrilled. We do have an awards program for staff that is recognized by our guest. We are happy that you enjoyed your weekend in Bethesda with your family. We hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Warm Regards,

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have visited the DC area in the past and usually stay at a certain (very expensive) high-end hotel that provides us with a high level of service and a great atmosphere, as well as easy access to DC and the metro. For this visit, I was moving my daughter to Maryland for a summer internship, and I was hoping to save a little money by staying outside of DC, since this was not a vacation or business-related. I wasn't sure what to expect for the reasonable rate I was paying. Was I ever surprised!

From the moment I checked in, I felt so welcome. My daughter was not staying with me, but she was there when I checked in. We were warmly greeted and offered complimentary bottled water after our long journey. When we got to my room, I found it very spacious, spotless, and everything in working order. The view of downtown Bethesda was beautiful at night.

We walked to a lovely restaurant (there were so many to choose from in such close proximity to the hotel!) and had a nice meal. While exploring the area, we found the metro station that is only steps away from the hotel! With renewed energy, we decided to ride into DC and take in the monuments by moonlight. By the time we returned, I was exhausted. How wonderful that it was just a short walk back to my room! After a nice warm shower I got the best night's sleep I think I have ever had while staying in a hotel. The mattress and pillows were so comfortable!

The complimentary breakfast that was offered in the morning was outstanding. So many choices! And I also enjoyed the complimentary Washington Post and in-room wifi. I was in and out many times helping my daughter move and also trying to fit in a little bit of sightseeing. Every time I left or returned, I received a warm greeting from both the valet staff and the front desk.

Staying at the Residence Inn in Bethesda was a wonderful experience. I have already booked another stay for August. Can't wait!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hi Dianne,

Wow! Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here in Bethesda with your daughter and that we could be part of it. We look forward to seeing you again in August. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to prepare for your arrival.

Have a great day!

Shelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott Suites
#2 of 11 in Bethesda
Upper Northwest
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chevy Chase Pavilion

Been to Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown? Share your experiences!