“Nice Italian restaurant in a strip mall”
Review of Geppetto Restaurant - CLOSED

Geppetto Restaurant
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Democracy Blvd
Description: Geppetto's incredible, award-winning pizza and homey Italian food has been a magnet for families since 1977. The restaurant was the first in the area to introduce the thick-crusted Sicilian pizza, with its inch high homemade crust. The menu also includes favorites such as homemade pastas, seafood selections, and a wide assortment of delicious entrees.
Cairo, Egypt
“Nice Italian restaurant in a strip mall”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I happened to be in Washington DC for meetings and my Deputy Director had just moved back to the States and lived in Bethesda. We were visiting at her home and I suggested dinner. She knew right where to take me so the entire family piled in the van and took off.

Geppetto's is located in a pedestrian alley of a strip mall (Wildwood Shopping Center) between two parking lots - front and back. Signage is sufficient to find it and once you do, it's well worth it!

I took photos with my phone but can't seem to locate them (the photos - not the phone). But It is a nicely designed space with paned windows, green and white gingham tablecloths and a barrel vaulted ceiling.

The menu is very comprehensive: salads (nice selection), sandwiches, burgers, chicken entrees plus one choice of mussels, salmon and a shrimps and scallop dinner, as well as pastas and pizzas. Apparently they are famous for their pizzas - a thick crusted Sicilian pizza with its inch-high homemade crust! Bill Clinton even had one (if that's any kind of testimony). Desserts are especially good! They also cater.

Service was very good - courteous, professional and just quick enough. I thought the table spacing at the entry to the dining room itself was a little odd. the first table impinges on the ability to walk to the rest of the room without circling around to the other side. I would remove that table if I were managing this restaurant. It's just disconcerting enough to leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth.

If you are anywhere in the vicinity, don't pass this up. It's worth the trip.

• Visited August 2013

Clayton, North Carolina
“Nice atmosphere, just ok food”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Went to Geppetto's for the first time tonight to meet with five friends and have a nice meal. Based on the food I was served, I would not recommend this restaurant. We ordered a thin crust pizza for an appetizer. The crust was very nice, with other toppings it could have been a good pizza, unfortunately the table ordered the pizza with ground hamburger and onions as the toppings. It would have been better without the hamburger. I ordered the lasagna bolognese. It was a poor excuse for a lasagna, one layer of noodles on the bottom topped with a mixture of sauce, ground hamburger, and a layer of eggplant?, then topped with another layer of noodles, then topped with a layer of mozzarella. The mixture of sauce and meat was too salty and I could not find a trace of ricotta in it.
At $14.95 for an inferior lasagna I would have thought that a side salad would have been included. I will not be going back. This place is very overpriced for the quality of the food served.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank NFCUMIKE
Maryland
“Overpriced, poor service.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Met friend for lunch here due to convenient location to I-270. Read reviews which were mixed but sounded like pizza was what you wanted to get. Got a small white pizza even though everyone raves about the deep dish-deep dish meant deeper pockets and I wasn't up for so much dough in the middle of the day. The small white pizza was $12.50, one of the cheapest on the menu. Ordered an $11 martini which I'm kind of a light weight and I'm pretty sure there was just a splash of spirits in there. Just as well the waiter never came back to ask if I wanted another. I just drank the tepid water. $25 later- lunch was unfulfilled but at least the company was good. I won't return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jackson6
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA
“Excellent salads”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Three of us ordered different dinner salads. All were excellent. The greens were fresh, the service was good. The tables were a little close, but not uncomfortable. The prices were reasonable.

• Visited July 2013
United States
“Great Food- High Rent Results in Crowding but Fun”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our favorite local pizza and Italian restaurant. Not so pretentious but too bad this neighborhood shopping area has increased prices so much most locally owned places have closed. We love the take-out as well. funny - in the back door like a speak easy.

• Visited May 2013