“Wonderful Place!”
Review of Inn BoonsBoro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boonsboro
Inn BoonsBoro
Ranked #1 of 2 Boonsboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have stayed at the Inn twice! The staff is wonderful. My husband had a gluten allergy and they were very accommodating! The rooms are fabulous. You don't have to be a fan of the Boonsboro trilogy to enjoy staying here!

1  Thank Karen J

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This B&B is a small gem, tucked away in the richly historical area north of Washington, DC. For a Nora Roberts' fan like myself, it was such a pleasure to stay in the inn that she wrote about in her Inn BoonsBoro trilogy. Nora was directly involved in planning the design of every room and her creative spirit was very much present in the furnishings. There is a sense of comfort mixed with luxury as soon as you walk in and are greeted by Lynn, the innkeeper. She treated us like favored friends who had come for a visit. We had access to almost every part of the Inn, notably the Library and Lounge where the comfy chairs entice you to while away a few hours with a good book and a glass of complimentary Jamieson's whiskey. Breakfast each day was beautifully presented and delicious. There were also homemade cookies available all day as well as soft drinks, water, tea, and coffee. Each evening there was a wine-and-cheese where we had a chance to sample local wines and mingle with other guests; Lynn also took the time to tell us about some of the ghostly encounters that she and various guests had experienced.

We stayed in the Eve and Roarke room, a must for a strong fan of the "In Death" series written under Nora's pseudonym, JD Robb. Everything had a futuristic feel mixed with a few antiques, just as in the books. Loved it. The room was supposed to be haunted by a cat ghost; I admit I didn't sleep as deeply as I could because I was waiting for a visit from a four-legged friend.

We spent hours touring the area, visiting many historical sites such as the Antietam Battlegrounds, Sharpsburg, and Harpers Ferry. While I could appreciate the importance of these spots, I must admit that I spent more time visualizing the homes and businesses of the MacKade brothers plus the sign denoting O'Hurley's General Store in Shepherdstown made me hope for a sighting of Abby or her sisters. Then, of course, there's Turn the Page bookstore owned by Nora's husband, Bruce Wilder, and Vesta's pizzeria and Dan's Tap House owned by Nora's son. This is an ideal spot to soak up the atmosphere that permeates Nora's life and her books.

This was our first trip to Inn BoonsBoro but definitely not the last. Even my husband rated this as a 5-star, but he would have preferred to give it a 10.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the back where there is less street noise.
2  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed 17 May 2014

From the warm welcome to the fond farewell staying at the Inn was wonderful. It felt like the perfect balance of home yet also a luxury hotel getaway. There was so much attention to detail. Fresh flowers, homemade scones and cookies and so many little amenities that I have not seen before in a B&B. It made all the difference. The Inn keepers Lyn and Ed were so warm and welcoming. They made us instantly feel at home like family. We spent three nights and can't wait to come back. Breakfast each morning was fantastic. Very gourmet. We stayed in Eve & Roarke room. It was more modern than the others but very nice. We chose this room because because of the JD Robb connection. There is not much I would change about the Inn.

2  Thank BBB1824
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is for you guys...read, and learn!

My wife is an avid Nora Roberts reader, and after reading the trilogy she wrote about restoring the Inn, she casually commented she thought it would be fun to visit. I tucked that nugget aside, and for this past Christmas gift, I pre-booked a weekend stay for this past weekend (May 2-4). All the rooms are named after literary characters, and I had to choose one. But only 1 room was named after characters in a Nora Roberts book, and that was from her alter ego pen name of JD Robb who wrote the "... In Death" series. So, I booked the "Eve & Rourke" suite; I bought the first book of that series, and I had a certificate for the weekend tucked inside the cover. Talk about a huge surprise.

Anyway, I digress.

Our visit to Inn Boonsboro was everything and more we hoped it would be. The suite was large; the bathroom in that suite was ultra cool too. We enjoyed happy hour with the other guests in the evenings (6-7pm), and had great meals in local restaurants both nights. Dan's Tap House (across the street) is owned by Nora's son, so we wanted to keep it in the family, so to speak.

In the mornings, the breakfasts were gourmet. We didn't have a buffet from which to choose, but were served fantastic creations each morning. Steel Cut Oatmeal Bananas Foster was the starter on Saturday morning, followed by made to order omelets; Sunday's breakfast started off with an apple crepe with cinnamon and honey, followed by blueberry waffles and scrambled eggs. Didn't eat lunch both those days, because that was plenty!

The people running the Inn were fantastic...friendly, personable, professional, fun....

There are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding towns, and we took advantage of visiting the Crystal Grotto Caves, the Antietam Battlefield, and some strolling around town. We didn't want to do too much, because we also carved out time to sit and read on the balcony in the front of the inn.

Suggestion: if you do book, try to avoid a room in the front of the hotel on the main street, because its a noisy and busy street. Calms down in the evening, but it does get loud. Our room was in the back, and we didn't hear a thing.

Overall, this was a fantastic visit, and we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the inn are quieter.
2  Thank Rick O
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed in the T & O room on the corner, second floor. It is beautifully appointed and not too busy or fussy. We LOVED the bath tub but the room was noisy, both from the outside but even worse from the room above (I think the penthouse). The traffic idles at the light and it's loud at all times of the day and night. And while the lack of rugs makes it easier to clean, we could hear every step and creak and the conversation of the guests above. The faucets hang far over the sinking making it hard to wash my face and keep the water in the sink.
Having all the liquids and snacks around was really nice and appreciated the wine cocktail hour.
This is an expensive place to stay but it was fun to try something associated with a book and I think it is a nice benefit to the town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Smiledoctorsmile
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My daughter, a friend and I spent two nights in the Jane & Rochester room. Everything about the Inn is first class. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The Innkeeper is wonderfully helpful and entertaining. Breakfast was awesome - I hope a cookbook appears soon.
I hope to stay there again sometime. Our second night we were the only residents so Lynn graciously gave us a tour of the other guest rooms. I'd like to stay in all of them! If you go during a 'cool' season a room with a fireplace is really nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Huge fan of The Princess Bride so my boyfriend booked the Wesley and Buttercup suite. We had an amazing stay and will go back yearly! The amenities listed are as wonderful as they sound, maybe more so. I have never felt so relaxed and peaceful. This was a perfect place to spend some quiet, quality time with someone you love!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly F

Been to Inn BoonsBoro? Share your experiences!