“Literature comes alive”
Review of Inn BoonsBoro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boonsboro
Inn BoonsBoro
Ranked #1 of 2 Boonsboro B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Literature comes alive”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wow is all I can say. If you have read the Inn Boonsboro series by Nora Roberts, then you will definitely want to visit and stay at the Inn. Every detail of the Inn that was described by Nora is here. We stayed in the Jane and Rochester Suite or as the book calls it J & R. The sheets were so decadent that I will be ordering a set for myself. They are available at Gifts Inn Boonsboro too. The bathroom was so over the top cool with the heated towel racks, numerous shower jets, toilet that does everything but sing you to sleep, and heated tile floors, I was in heaven. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the hubby took a nap on the fainting couch at the foot of the bed. It was so wonderful. We greatly enjoyed the wine and cheese hour with the other hotel guests. We met two ladies from California and a couple from a local Maryland town. All were Nora fans so we had much in common.
The inn keepers were all very friendly and made our stay that much nicer. The breakfast was incredible. We had a fruit plate to begin our morning meal with delicious coffee. The main part of the breakfast was a savory Italian French toast. It was decadent and rich. It would also make a delicious meal for dinner. We stayed full until well past 4:00 pm.
The baked goods available in the dining room after hours were so delicious. We enjoyed some cranberry scones and snicker doodles. They even included a recipe card for the scones. Everything was wonderful at Inn Boonsboro. Go and stay and enjoy it for yourself. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: J&R is over the top fabulous!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christiejones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife is a huge fan of the writer Nora Roberts who also owns the Inn at Boonsboro. So for a recent gift I treated her to a weekend of wineries, antiques and a night at the Inn. We were greeted by the manager and given a tour of the Inn. The manager took great lengths to show us everything and to tell us how each room or item in the Inn relates to the books that Nora Roberts writes. The room we had was awesome. Its decor was totally appropriate and elegant without being overly done. It had the right balance of older style furniture but with modern conveniences. The Inn has a library with all kinds of coffees and a bottle of Irish whiskey available to guests. The evening we stayed they even had a wine tasting from a local winery. Breakfast the next morning was prepared by the house chef and was also excellent. Overall it is a great experience a terrific place for a special weekend. Just be prepared as it is a little expensive, but as a gift for my wife it was worth every penny as she had a great time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank blues4545
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have stayed at the Inn twice! The staff is wonderful. My husband had a gluten allergy and they were very accommodating! The rooms are fabulous. You don't have to be a fan of the Boonsboro trilogy to enjoy staying here!

1 Thank Karen J
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This B&B is a small gem, tucked away in the richly historical area north of Washington, DC. For a Nora Roberts' fan like myself, it was such a pleasure to stay in the inn that she wrote about in her Inn BoonsBoro trilogy. Nora was directly involved in planning the design of every room and her creative spirit was very much present in the furnishings. There is a sense of comfort mixed with luxury as soon as you walk in and are greeted by Lynn, the innkeeper. She treated us like favored friends who had come for a visit. We had access to almost every part of the Inn, notably the Library and Lounge where the comfy chairs entice you to while away a few hours with a good book and a glass of complimentary Jamieson's whiskey. Breakfast each day was beautifully presented and delicious. There were also homemade cookies available all day as well as soft drinks, water, tea, and coffee. Each evening there was a wine-and-cheese where we had a chance to sample local wines and mingle with other guests; Lynn also took the time to tell us about some of the ghostly encounters that she and various guests had experienced.

We stayed in the Eve and Roarke room, a must for a strong fan of the "In Death" series written under Nora's pseudonym, JD Robb. Everything had a futuristic feel mixed with a few antiques, just as in the books. Loved it. The room was supposed to be haunted by a cat ghost; I admit I didn't sleep as deeply as I could because I was waiting for a visit from a four-legged friend.

We spent hours touring the area, visiting many historical sites such as the Antietam Battlegrounds, Sharpsburg, and Harpers Ferry. While I could appreciate the importance of these spots, I must admit that I spent more time visualizing the homes and businesses of the MacKade brothers plus the sign denoting O'Hurley's General Store in Shepherdstown made me hope for a sighting of Abby or her sisters. Then, of course, there's Turn the Page bookstore owned by Nora's husband, Bruce Wilder, and Vesta's pizzeria and Dan's Tap House owned by Nora's son. This is an ideal spot to soak up the atmosphere that permeates Nora's life and her books.

This was our first trip to Inn BoonsBoro but definitely not the last. Even my husband rated this as a 5-star, but he would have preferred to give it a 10.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the back where there is less street noise.
2 Thank Margaret L
St. Thomas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

From the warm welcome to the fond farewell staying at the Inn was wonderful. It felt like the perfect balance of home yet also a luxury hotel getaway. There was so much attention to detail. Fresh flowers, homemade scones and cookies and so many little amenities that I have not seen before in a B&B. It made all the difference. The Inn keepers Lyn and Ed were so warm and welcoming. They made us instantly feel at home like family. We spent three nights and can't wait to come back. Breakfast each morning was fantastic. Very gourmet. We stayed in Eve & Roarke room. It was more modern than the others but very nice. We chose this room because because of the JD Robb connection. There is not much I would change about the Inn.

2 Thank BBB1824
Geneseo, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is for you guys...read, and learn!

My wife is an avid Nora Roberts reader, and after reading the trilogy she wrote about restoring the Inn, she casually commented she thought it would be fun to visit. I tucked that nugget aside, and for this past Christmas gift, I pre-booked a weekend stay for this past weekend (May 2-4). All the rooms are named after literary characters, and I had to choose one. But only 1 room was named after characters in a Nora Roberts book, and that was from her alter ego pen name of JD Robb who wrote the "... In Death" series. So, I booked the "Eve & Rourke" suite; I bought the first book of that series, and I had a certificate for the weekend tucked inside the cover. Talk about a huge surprise.

Anyway, I digress.

Our visit to Inn Boonsboro was everything and more we hoped it would be. The suite was large; the bathroom in that suite was ultra cool too. We enjoyed happy hour with the other guests in the evenings (6-7pm), and had great meals in local restaurants both nights. Dan's Tap House (across the street) is owned by Nora's son, so we wanted to keep it in the family, so to speak.

In the mornings, the breakfasts were gourmet. We didn't have a buffet from which to choose, but were served fantastic creations each morning. Steel Cut Oatmeal Bananas Foster was the starter on Saturday morning, followed by made to order omelets; Sunday's breakfast started off with an apple crepe with cinnamon and honey, followed by blueberry waffles and scrambled eggs. Didn't eat lunch both those days, because that was plenty!

The people running the Inn were fantastic...friendly, personable, professional, fun....

There are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding towns, and we took advantage of visiting the Crystal Grotto Caves, the Antietam Battlefield, and some strolling around town. We didn't want to do too much, because we also carved out time to sit and read on the balcony in the front of the inn.

Suggestion: if you do book, try to avoid a room in the front of the hotel on the main street, because its a noisy and busy street. Calms down in the evening, but it does get loud. Our room was in the back, and we didn't hear a thing.

Overall, this was a fantastic visit, and we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the inn are quieter.
2 Thank Rick O
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the T & O room on the corner, second floor. It is beautifully appointed and not too busy or fussy. We LOVED the bath tub but the room was noisy, both from the outside but even worse from the room above (I think the penthouse). The traffic idles at the light and it's loud at all times of the day and night. And while the lack of rugs makes it easier to clean, we could hear every step and creak and the conversation of the guests above. The faucets hang far over the sinking making it hard to wash my face and keep the water in the sink.
Having all the liquids and snacks around was really nice and appreciated the wine cocktail hour.
This is an expensive place to stay but it was fun to try something associated with a book and I think it is a nice benefit to the town.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Smiledoctorsmile
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonsboro
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
#2 of 3 in Shepherdstown

Been to Inn BoonsBoro? Share your experiences!