“Major Disappointment”
Review of Hampton Inn Bowie

Hampton Inn Bowie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I am an hhonors gold member and stay at many Hilton Hotels and affiliates throughout the year. This was not up to the Hilton standards. The front desk personnel were not very friendly. They seemed to be annoyed with any questions I asked. I was not given my gold member recognition. The room was very dirty with hair in the bathroom and on the carpeting. The room was old and outdated and looked very drab. The drain in the tub was plugged with debris and filled up with dirty water when I took a shower. Needless to say, I will not be staying here again. Come on Hilton, how about updating and cleaning this joint?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Bowie

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Ants were coming out of nowhere in my room. I had to literally take out my trash before I went to bed to keep from attracting them. They were in the bathroom and around one of the nightstands. Doesn't exactly make for a cozy room. And the outdated information from other posts is true. The place needs to be updated. And I'm guessing I was assisted by the same rude female at the front desk as the other writer was! I had food in my hand from carryout and had to get an additional room key because I accidentally left the key inside the room. I had to make 3 visits from the 1st to 3rd floor as my food kept getting colder because she couldn't get the keys to work for my room. The last time I went down, I stood there for about 5 minutes for her to come to the front desk from behind the wall. I hollared back to get her attention 2 times. Although she was apparently in the bathroom, she didn't handle my being upset v. well. She ended up coming up the 3rd time to try the key herself. of course, it finally worked. And she shrugged away after I told her thank you. I think she felt I didn't know how to use a room key? I'm a frequent traveller, and I will stay at the Comfort Inn nearby next time. This is not your typical Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Don't get the receptionist stirred up !
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill D
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay. They accept pets for a fee. Desk clerks are very nice and helpful. Beds are comfortable and rooms are clean. Wifi works great. Breakfast is more than ample. The only drawback was the pool is a bit small. Otherwise, I would say "stay".

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mtngolfer_8
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I pointed out several issues in the hotel to the GM. She promised to resolve these issues while the dirty wash cloth was removed the bathroom properly cleaned the FIRE DETECTOR was not replaced. When I returned the desk supervisor said very casually that the company who deals with this could not come out today. I find this hotel a risk to my personal safety and will never renturn.

Room Tip: Dont stay here that is my tip.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year and had a good experience. And that's why we picked it again this year. Sad to say, this wasn't the trip that I had planned. When we checked into the room, the hotel seemed more run down than before. The bathroom seems to be clean but we noticed that the area around the air conditioner was wet. My boyfriend actually put his bags there and noticed the damp floor before putting anything else directly on it. We had told the front desk about it and the person at the front desk said that they will have their engineer take a look. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and did not hear anything more about it. The area continued to be damp especially when we turned the a/c on. On the third night, we came back from a full day to notice that the room has not been cleaned. The breakfast seems ok but noticed that they seem to run out of stuff easily. I've been in Hampton Inns before and that seems to be an exception. Upon checkout, we complained at the front desk and they said they'll take a night off our bill. I also learned that the person who we complained to earlier was the general manager. That was just disappointing. While I can understand that some hotels could be in better condition than others, I don't think there's any excuse for poor customer service. As you can probably tell, we'll be looking for another hotel for our next stay in Bowie. Finally, typically I will get a survey from the hotel after we check out. Surprisingly, we didn't get one for this stay, which makes me think the front desk knew we weren't going to rate it well. Thank goodness for Tripadvisor! We hope this is helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This was the worst hotel that I have stayed in for sometime. Front of toilet was not cleaned; tear in carpet near bathroom door provided long threads that could cause a tripping hazard; bathroom door would not stay open so a trashcan had to be placed to keep the door open; the comforter on the bed had been washed (thank heavens!) but it was so lumpy that it looked like there were softballs in the bed - there was either a lump of polyfill or nothing at all. On the second morning, I wanted a waffle for breakfast because the eggs were terrible. After waiting and waiting after putting the batter into the waffle maker, I said something to the young man that was taking care of the breakfast area. Apparently the waffle maker had never been turned on that morning, even though the breakfast area had been open for sometime. It seems like the man could have turned the waffle maker the first thing in the morning so it would have been already heated for when guests came down for breakfast. Breakfast had been open for an hour and a half when I went down. Only one person at the desk seemed to even care about the guests. I am a honors member for the hotel chain and was suppose to receive a newspaper in the morning. I did not receive one and when I inquired at the desk the girl really did not care nor did she ever provide me a paper. Because my room was so musty smelling, I worked downstairs one evening. I had to wipe the tables off because they were still dirty from breakfast and carpet had not been vacuumed. Housekeeping went through my items in the closet armoir.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Great rooms and most staff were excellent. Problems during power outage when staff could not register new guests and were a bit unprepared. Pool was closed without an explanation. Breakfast was adequate but some seemed a bit stale and a distinct lack of fruit. Location was safe with restaurants and movie in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Comfort Inn Conference Center
TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis

Been to Hampton Inn Bowie? Share your experiences!