“Newly remodeled”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Hampton, United States
“Newly remodeled”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

check in staff was great! but night staff left the desk unattended for at least 2 1/2 hours! So safety was a factor. The rooms are newly remodeled and look fabulous. The breakfast was good. This is located near Bowie town center where there is plenty of shopping and restaurants and the Hotel is next door to a movie theater! location is great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tamer E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowie, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Angela T,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your experience with us.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We do appreciate receiving feedback from our customers as it helps us maintain and enhance our service standard. Please be assured that we will take the necessary actions to correct your observations.

Tamer Elattar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Norfolk, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Pleasant and courteous staff. We were visiting as a family group to celebrate our parent's birthdays. We had ordered a cake from Smith Island Bakery and it was shipped and arrived prior to our arrival. The staff received the package and took care to unpack and refrigerate it until we needed it. Very professional. Rooms had new contemporary and stylish furnishings and flat screen television. One oversight, though, in our opinion. The pillows on the king bed were very small. Minor discrepancy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kris D M

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback on trip advisor.

I am glad that the service we provided was up to your satisfaction.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Bowie.

Montross, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Even though this hotel was undergoing some renovations, it was extremely clean and comfortable to stay at. The complimentary breakfast was hot and very tasty. The staff was super friendly and anxious to please, especially Frederick who was position at the front desk to greet us with a smile at check in and check out. He also looked up and gave directions to a near by Salon wear I obtained a manicure and pedicure to look and feel my best for my 30th High School Class Reunion. I would recommend this hotel to all family and friends!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kimberley A,

I am glad that you had a great experience with us. We look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Bowie. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more comfortable, please let us know.

Melissa, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Staff is extremely friendly. The late evening arrival was already stressful, but the staff quickly turned the stress to minimum. Clean rooms at a descent rate. Fresh breakfast waiting prior to 6am.... I will stay at this location on each of my trips here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gregory M,

New Jersey
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel is old and run down. They say they are in the process of remodeling but I couldn't tell. The halls had a foul odor. The beds need to be replaced. They seem to the originals. Breakfast was even worse. You could tell the food was pre-made frozen items. No care was taken in preparing or in the display. They only had sugar free syrup. I felt as if i was at the Bates Motel. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tamer E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowie, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Momofamid,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with us.

We are in the middle of doing a complete hotel renovation and we do have only one renovated floor now.

I would love to speak with you. Please reach out to me directly at your convenience

North East Pa., United States
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My stay at this Hampton or any Hampton has always been friendly and the quality of the hotel has always been more than I expect. Any time anyone asks me where I stay and it I would recommend a place I tell them Hampton. I have always enjoyed my stay with Hampton.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mike S,

I am glad that you had a great experience with us. We look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Bowie. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more comfortable, please let us know!

Washington DC, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

No-no's at Hampton Inn Bowie: 1. Sticky/Moist Carpet 2. Smelly Rooms 3. Lousy Air circulation and Exposed construction 4. Cockroaches in the refrigerator 5. Cockroaches in the coffee maker 6. Broken toilet in rooms 7. Rude/Unaccommodating late shift workers 8. No mention of the 100% satisfaction guarantee 9. Awful. And I mean, awful, breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tamer E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowie, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Ajit A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

I am glad that we were able to talk over the phone this morning and resolve the refund issue as a small apology from the hotel.

please be assured that all your concerns will be resolved soon.

We hope to see you again soon!

Tamer Elattar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Comfort Inn Conference Center
TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis

Been to Hampton Inn Bowie? Share your experiences!