“Historic”
Review of Hampton Inn Bowie

Hampton Inn Bowie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed 3 February 2009

We arrived on Saturday 1/17/09 for President Obama's Inaguration. The front desk staff was very helpful with information about traveling by rail, surrounding eateries, etc. She had printed out directions on how to get to the rail stations for visitors. The rooms were clean and the beds were wonderful. After walking hours during the day, to fall into a comfortable bed was heaven. They also provided a big screen TV in the lobby/dinning area. My 15 year old nephew lived there. There were tables and chairs for eating, a free computer, free popcorn and snacks (cookies), free newspapers, etc.. He lived in the lobby and met other kids his age.

I was real impressed with this hotel and would stay there again and recommend it to all my family and friends. Plus the rates were terrific.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 December 2008

I stayed here two nights over Thanksgiving in short I found this to be a good functional standard Hampton Inn. The room was clean, hallways seemed well kept. My only raised eyebrows occur upon check-in there is what looks like a bullet proof window to deal with people after hours, multiple security cameras, each night a police car parked in the driveway - next door at a cinema was usually 2 police cars parked on the sidewalk on either side of the entrance to the theater..... I'm no rocket scientist but I think the area around the hotel may be a little iffy....

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2007

This is not a particularly old hotel, but it has a worn, poorly maintained feel to it. In several ways, from the appearance of the hallways to the skimpy included breakfast, the hotel appears to be trying to cut corners.

The hotel is located next to an office park just south of the U.S. 50 freeway. A neighboring restaurant is located on the other side of the hotel's parking lot. Guest noise apparently is a problem at the hotel. Upon registration, guests are handed a warning sheet saying the hotel will not stand for loud parties and obtrusive noise at night.

Given the large number of good hotels nearby, I would see no reason for staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed 30 July 2007

I end up here about every eight weeks or so as My company head-office is a few miles down the 50 towards DC.
I'm at the point now wher some of the front-desk staff recongnise me and know my preferences.
The staff are always extremely corteous and friendly.
The fitness room could do with a makeover but other than that the place is clean and very functional.
Unlike many places i stay in the WiFi seems to work well and consistently.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2007

Combined family wedding with a return visit to Annapolis. Originally chose the Hampton in Bowie for proximity to wedding venue, but discovered it's a quick, all-highway 15 miles into Annapolis and well worth the drive to avoid tourist-priced accommodations near the Naval Academy. The location in Bowie was nicely tucked away to avoid road noise, but still very close to all shopping/dining. Property was clean, well-maintained and already upgraded to the Cloud Nine bedding (important!) Totally pleased.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeeMeePoppy
A TripAdvisor Member
N. Tonawanda, NY
Reviewed 19 August 2005

My family and I stayed 3 nights in 2 rooms at the Hampton Inn, in Bowie MD. Eventhough we didn't get adjoining rooms, we were totally pleased with our stay. It's not always easy traveling with 3 children and my mother. The staff at the Hampton made our trip easier! They were very friendly. Rosa, Maria and other cleaners, front desk helpers, etc. were totally helpful. They even provided information on the beautiful Crape Myrtle trees in the front of the building. Also, the complimentary breakfast was wonderful and bountiful. It was especially nice to be served a variety of the "main" course each morning.

Our thanks go out to the entire staff at this Hampton Inn. Thank you for making our traveling experience a memorable one! We hope to stay at a Hampton Inn during our next trip. We are always open to receiving special package rates and deals.

Thanks!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 March 2004

I found the staff and the facilities at this Hampton Inn to be particularly pleasing. The desk clerk made a real effort to help me find exactly the type of room (non-smoking, quiet, two beds) I requested and arranged an early check-in as well. The room as clean, very quiet and pleasant.I would be happy to return to this hotel at any time in the future.

• Stayed: March 2004, travelled on business
5  Thank Lowtech
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Comfort Inn Conference Center
TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
10 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C

Been to Hampton Inn Bowie? Share your experiences!