“Strange thing happened”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #35 of 129 Restaurants in Bowie
Cuisines: American
Description: Feed your summer adventures at Bob Evans! Start your day with a Farmer's Choice featuring thousands of combinations of your breakfast favorites or have an evening picnic with a Family Meal to Go! At our table or yours, summer road trips start at Bob Evans.
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I had been on the road for two hours. Bauer called so I pulled off of rt50 and went into the nearest Exxon which had no bathroom. There is a McDonald's and a Wendy's close by but both locations were closed even though the time I visited was during normal business hours. My last resort was a bob Evans. I was sure they would turn me away so with my best attempt at supplication I asked to use the rest rooms. The attendant waiting to seat people didn't hesitate to let me in and went so far as to call me sir. As I was leaving I asked a lady whom appeared to be the manager for information about the McDonald's or the Wendy's. She told me that they didn't have power there but she could seat me. I was aching to complete my 4 hour drive home after 4 days away from my family so I refused. She graciously offered me a coffee on the house and wished me a safe drive. How's that for excellent service with a smile from a genuinely nice human being?

1  Thank DMLKAC

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Luv it for breakfast. Best Chain biscuits around, so fluffy and large. Tea basket is a great idea anbd I have tried many blends here. Dinners are OK and the $10 family meals are a bargain. Worth it.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

The service was fast and efficient for Sunday morning breakfast. The food eas enjoyable. Had advertised special "Farmer's choice Breakfast" with pancakes. Will visit again.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Mediocre food coupled with mediocre service left me disappointed. The weekend we were there a big storm had come through the area leaving a lot of people without power. The crowd was large, perhaps in part due to a lot of people seeking food and A/C because of widespread power outages. Perhaps that would account for the slow service, but the fact remains that the food was not very good. I had heard a lot of good things about Bob Evans, but I left disappointed. Sorry, Bob.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Previously, we'd been mostly satisfied with dinner at Bob Evans, but we found our breakfast there to be bland and the service to be marginal.

Been to Bob Evans? Share your experiences!