“clean rooms and friendly staff!”

Comfort Inn Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel worked great for our needs while visiting family in the area. It is walking distance to Target and a convenience store, along with several restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful--especially Tina, in the breakfast area. The room included breakfast in the morning with a good selection of different items to choose from. Clean and quiet rooms, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. Can't get much better than that!

My only minor complaint was our telephone had somehow been set for a VERY early wake up call on our first day there. After reporting it to the front desk, the clerk apologized and reset our phone so that it wouldn't happen again. Mistakes happen, so that is easily forgotten when the rest of the stay was so pleasant. *Highly recommend this Comfort Inn!*

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MNnice07

Reviewed 8 March 2012

When staying for business, I usually stay at Marriott Courtyards/Springhill Suites or Hampton Inns (Hilton). Rather at staying at the TownePlace Suites or Hampton Inn, I chose this hotel based on the price, but I was concerned regarding the appearance of the hotel and the room itself.

I was very pleased with the appearance of the lobby (very nice) and the bar/restaurant off the lobby.

The picture of the rooms shown at the front desk matched the actual appearance of my room. The room was appeared clean and well maintained. It contained a flat screen tv with Direct TV service with about 35 HD channels. The bathroom was maintained

Breakfast was included in the rate, and it was similar to the free breakfast at a Springhill or Hampton. The only issue was with the wireless internet connection being sketchy at first (not sure if too many people were using it).

The location is excellent as there is a Target behind the hotel, Chick-fil-a by the Ballpark, and Bowie Town Center can be reached by taking the side roads from the hotel.

Assuming nothing changes, I would return to this hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: My room faced the inside courtyard and outdoor pool. I would strongly avoid having a room facing th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rav22
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Yes, I am one of those despicable characters that smoke, and I was glad to find a hotel that would accommodate me. The hallways were so hot, I broke a sweat going to the elevator. I ordered a light snack of potato skins from the restaurant for pickup after my late arrival and they were limp, cold in the center, and included a tiny cup of sour cream that wouldn't have served one, let alone four skins. The breakfast buffet was adequate, except for the morning that some guy chased me away from the only empty table seating 8 because he was "reserving" it for a group of kids. And since one cannot take out plates, etc to one's room, I was stuck for about 15 minutes with a cold plate until someone vacated a seat. Thank heavens that the hotel is adjacent to a large complex of stores, offices, and restaurants that actually want my money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank mjski53
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We were pleased with the clean and attractive decor and amazed at the size of our room (king). In addition to a very comfy bed, there were two chairs with ottomans, a desk and chair, a mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Floor to ceiling mirrored closet doors visually expanded the space. Our room was comfortable, quiet and clean. The TV is positioned so that you can watch exclusively from the chairs or turn it to watch from the bed -- nice when someone wants TV and someone justs wants to read or snooze. We did not get a chance to try the onsite restaurant/bar, but it looked nice and the menu prices were comparable to other nearby restaurants. Breakfast was fresh and good and the staff managing this area were very friendly and helpful. This hotel includes a large conference center which may account for the plentiful seating at breakfast, something you don't always get in the off-the-highway category of hotels. Weather precluded a dip in the outdoor pool, but it looked very attractive with outdoor tables and chairs. A tiny business center provides two computers and a printer with internet access. We liked this hotel very much and if our plans take us through or near Bowie Md. would stay here again. Room for improvement: Upgrade TV to flatscreen. Upgrade AC to a less noisy version. It wasn't bad, but there is a definite hum.

Room Tip: Outside rooms on the first floor overlook the parking lot. Try for something higher or a room overlo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sailingboat
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I was here for a business function, since all of the other DC hotels required a minimum amount of sleeping rooms that our small function could not afford. I was worried because it was a Comfort Inn and I usually associate these with small roadside motels.

Well, I was totally wrong and I am glad that I was. The hotel is more along the lines of a Holiday Inn with a free hot breakfast, free internet (although a bit slow in my room) and free parking. The room was roomy and clean and had the best bed and pillows. I had my best night's sleep ever, and I am a business traveler who typically stays at Hiltons and Marriotts. The room had a nice fridge and microwave.

The hotel is located close to a shopping center (5 minute drive, 3 miles) with a Safeway along with many eating establishments as well as a food court. It seemed to be in a safe area.

The hotel staff was great and was always willing to help us while we were in the conference rooms. The only complaint that I have with the meeting space is that the airwalls are not soundproof and we could hear the speaker in the next room that was on a Mike.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveler or corporate meeting planner.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SunnyDTraveler
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Very convenient to major highways. Desk staff was very friendly. Breakfast staff was VERY friendly as well, but Sunday breakfast ends at 9:30, which we found to be disappointing.... Room was clean and provided microwave and frig. We will return again ~

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Don't be discouraged by the low-star rating. This place was fine. (And no bed bugs as other reviews have mentioned). We stayed from 9/12 to 9/18, an entire week.

We were put in a handicap room so it was a but roomier than others, I'm sure, but the room was okay, king bed was comfy enough, 25" CRT TV worked with normal cable channel lineup, free wifi in the rooms. Electrical outlets were a but tricky to come by to charge our two phones and other devices but we managed. There was a mini refrigerator in the room that sounded like darth vader breathing, a bit annoying but manageable. Complementary hot breakfast from 0630-0930, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, waffle press, muffins, it was decent as well.

They do have a lot of rooms for conferences so I can imagine it being busy but nothing was going on during our stay. They also had a business center with 3 really outdated computers but printing was free.

Our other two choices, the nearby Town Place Suites (Marriot) and Hampton Inn, were fully booked. So while I have had better hotel stays this one was not bad and there was nothing I would complain about.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hurmin8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Hampton Inn Bowie
Comfort Inn Annapolis
Comfort Inn Annapolis
#14 of 21 in Annapolis
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis

Been to Comfort Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!