“Nice rooms”

Comfort Inn Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel desk staff are friendly and knowledgable. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The outside pool is nice with tables all around it. The breakfast buslady was nice and friendly. offering to take care of your dirty plates and keeping the diningroom flowing smoothly. Now the not so nice. The courtyard doors lock at night with no way to get in but to walk around the building. There is no sign warning you if this before you go on out. I knocked to be let in because I could see the hotel security officer leaning on the front desk. He motioned to me to go around. I went to the next set of hallway entrance doors and still could not get in. I went back and knocked again. This time the security officer came over to the door and talked thru them. He stated he could not let me in due to hotel rules(as I was showing him my room key) and that I need to walk around the building to enter in the lobby doors.As I was entering the building he made a comment that was uncalled for along with a nasty look. I spoke with the hotel manager the next morning. She informed me that was not a rule and that he should have let me in. She said she was going to call the security company and report him.That night he was standing against the desk waiting to be rude once again.If not for the reason I was there with a convention I would have checked out. I feel talking to the manager was useless and non-compensating.I have stayed there the last 5 years not sure that I will stay next year. I may just pass on the event or stay at a near by hotel where they appreciate my business.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ClaireSJ, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so sorry that you had a problem with our security guard. I believe the manager you talked with is now on vacation so I cannot fully research what happened at this time. After 11pm, we do lock all the doors except the one at the front desk so we can verify that anyone coming into the hotel is a registered guest. The security guard should have let you in and escorted you to the front desk so they could verify your identity. He should never act rude or make inappropriate comments. I assure you that the security company will be notified of this behavior and we will make sure it does not happen to anyone in the future. We do not want to loose you as a long term customer, we truly do value your business!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The check in for this hotel was 3:00pm but upon arrival we went to see if we could, as it was only 2:00pm. Sure enough our room was ready and we were able to check in. The receptionist was failry pleasant, no eye contact really as she kept looking at her pc screen, but was pleasant enough. The lobby and areas surrounding was very clean. We got to the room and the room was nice, clean and tidy. Our bathroom was a huge one (bigger than normal) with not just a tub, but with a jacuzzi tub :-) No I didn't use the jacuzzi, no time! LOL
You get complimentary breakfast each morning from 6/6:60am-9:30am. Consists of, scrambles eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, OJ,Apple J, Cranberry J,coffee, tea, toast and a waffle maker to make your waffles. Yogurts, & some fruit as well as small pastries. The dining room area where the food was held, was a lil small to move around as they had placed tables and chairs in that area so the space was limited. You didn't have to eat on the dining room, you could eat out by the pool or in your room. They are snack machines, right by the elevators. There is an ice machine on the 5th floor and so is a soda machine. The elevators were nice and spacious. I would definitely stay here again.
The television carried all the movie channels, HBO STARZ and local ones. It was great. I find it was a relaxing place, very quiet on the floors not many families but a few teenagers. It is also a pet friendly hotel. We stayed on the 6th floor, which is the top floor.
It was a great atmosphere. Wonderful group of people that were there and the food was, well it was your typical American breakfast, made in bulk, served buffet style. It was ok.
You can check out other photos here: http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-bowie-maryland-MD066/Hotel-Photos?sid=xGNEmM.w1tfIgubT.5

Room Tip: For me it's always nice to choose a room with a view or just one to look out at something other...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ClaireSJ, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for your very complimentary review. We are sure many future guests will find the information you provided very helpful. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and trust the crab feast was delicious as always. Looking forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The location of the hotel it convenient. Anything you might need is literally right across the road. Unfortunately that's about the only pro of this hotel. When we checked-in the young man behind the counter just asked for our name then handed over our room key. He never asked to see an ID or anything. How did he know we were who we said? Baffled by that, our expectations immediately dropped. Once we arrived to our room we opened our door and were hit with an overwhelming urine smell. Fortunately, we travel enough to know you should always cary Febreeze with you. That only masked the smell for about 20 minutes. However, by that point we were already in bed and didn't feel like moving. In the morning we went to breakfast and the line was out the door. I was ready to give up on grabbing anything since in 15 minutes we hadn't moved. The food itself was decent and the wait staff was very friendly and energetic. They definitely turned this stay around for us. All-in-all it's a hotel experience we could handle for one night.

• Stayed: July 2014
ClaireSJ, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We are very sorry you had problems during your stay with us. We are sorry for any confusion regarding ID at check in. If you paid with a credit card, it is against credit card rules to also ask for an ID. We did look back in our log book and did not find any report of a urine smell in any of our rooms. We would have been very appreciative if you had brought that to our attention. Otherwise, we are glad that you enjoyed our deluxe breakfast buffet and friendly staff.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here for one night this past weekend.
Pros: Clean room, breakfast offered, free wifi. Located near shop for necessities (Target, kohls, gas stations, etc)

Cons:
Directions from the internet do no match the hotel's location at all. I used my iPhone and ended up having to call the front desk twice. It's much easier to put in the address for Bob Evans in Bowie, MD and base it off of that.

Also, I'm not sure why there were so many cop cars parked in the lot. I thought maybe there was some type of event, but I'm also wondering that maybe it was to show a police presence in the area?

Check-out at 11 AM is convenient and the wi-fi worked great. I would stay here again if I needed to be in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
ClaireSJ, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are sorry that the directions to our hotel were confusing. Will go on line and see if I can find the problem. We do have 10-20 cop cars parked in our parking lot. We have plenty of parking spaces so we allow them to park their police cars as they are not allowed to bring them home if they live out of the county. We do worry that our guests could get the wrong impression from the parked police cars, but because they are parked as far away as possible from the front desk entrance we were hoping that our guests would not think there was some kind of incident. We also feel that, even though we are in a very low crime area, that the presence of the police cars are a good deterrent to any criminal intent. We are very happy you did enjoy your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon! Regards, Claire Simpson-Jones

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and accommodating! Tina, the breakfast manager, went above and beyond seeing to my food allergy concerns. ROOMS were very clean and smelled clean! Pool was an added luxury. Restaurant and bar had a friendly atmosphere. Overall great stay! !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for posting your comments on line. Will show your review to our very hard working staff, they will be very proud and happy. We hope that you will visit us again soon, regards, Claire Simpson-Jones

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kristin B

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My company sent me to training at this hotel, so even though I don't care for Comfort Inns in general, I stayed at this hotel. The room was clean and typical of the brand, but that's not why my recommendation is so high. This hotel has one of the friendliest staffs I have seen. Everyone I met was a gem, from the desk staff to Tina and Carmen and who served me in the grill. The hotel features a hot buffet breakfast that is included in your stay, and there is a great buffet lunch for a price you'll love. I recommend both. Say hello to the friendly bridge players that meet to play and have the buffet weekly. An entertaining group. Great stay, and I will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cab5015
ClaireSJ, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff are like one big family, with many here 10-20+ years. Our biggest compliments are for our friendly staff and very clean hotel rooms. We really do love our guests! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Hampton Inn Bowie
Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Admiral Cochrane Drive
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Upper Marlboro

Been to Comfort Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!