“Bad Service and Uncomforable”
Review of Xscape 14

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Xscape 14
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Service and Uncomforable”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I will not be returning. The temperature in the room was so hot that by the time we left the theater everyone was sweaty. One of the members in my party left the theater after it started to find someone to fix it and get a cold drink, but the concessions was busy and there were no available people. He came back in because he didn't want to miss anymore of the movie. This same person has a Pacemaker and heart problems. This is my main concern! Warm temperatures can cause him great difficulty breathing and an elevated heart rate. After the movie I tried to talk to a manege and waited about 10 minutes. I could tell that he really didn't want to talk to us so he hesitated. After I told him my concern about the temperature and that I wanted my money back for such an awful experience, the first thing he said was "Did you watch the whole movie?" Thus implying that since it has passed, that you no longer claim any responsibility for your customer. If this is your business practice, it needs to change immediately, because you have just lost 4 local customers. My intent with this message is simple, I want you to be aware that this is not good customer service. Especially since this is a new theater. I understand that this manager maybe VERY young and inexperienced, but he needs to be trained properly. When dealing with customers that are already upset, please don't make them more upset by antagonizing them and patronizing them as if they were beneath you.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank SuzetteAlexandria_Va

Leanordtown, MD
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Stadium Seating, cushy reclining seats”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is a pretty new 14 screen movie theater in Brandywine. It is the best movie theater in Southern Maryland. Fast ticket line. Clean. Awesome theater. It has stadium seating (a must) and has super comfortable reclining seats (like your Lay-z-boy at home). Parking was no problem. Many places to each in same shopping complex, so a dinner and a movie is easy to do. We saw a 3-D movie that had been out for a few weeks already. Had no problem getting excellent center reclining seats for a 7:40 show on a Friday night walking in at last minute. However, I did see that the lower seats were not the awesome reclining ones. I would suggest that if you expect your movie to be crowded, to arrive early to get the really good seats and not the lower ones.

Visited November 2013