“A better than ever place to go!”
Review of Seibels Restaurant

Seibels Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Burtonsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Several reviewers claimed that Siebels was the place to go only for ice cream. Not so -- at least lately. There was a time I admit that food had gone down in quality, taste, and service. I think that's made a positive change. Most foods are made right there, vegetables, meats, salads etc. are fresh according to season. All poultry comes from local Meadow Lawn farm, and the fried chicken is best around. We live in Silver Spring and come often. Service has greatly improved, and the place is being "remodeled" (you can find pics on their website.)

Give it another try.

1  Thank AdobeGirl217
There are newer reviews for Seibels Restaurant

Reviewed 29 October 2012

The food and atmosphere are straight out of the 1950s. I wouldn't recommend it. The only thing they do have going is the great home-made ice cream. Get a cone to to sit outside or to go.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

I used to really like Seibels but they're just not up to snuff any longer. The food is not as good, the portions are smaller, popular items are off the menu and the service has slacked. Even the house made ice cream isn't as good as it used to be. Used to be a destination following hockey games at the nearby ice rink, I think this year we'll find someplace else.

2  Thank EllicottDiner
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This place is confusing as it seems to be trying to be either an "old-fashioned folksy restaurant" or a "small-town diner". It fails both. The only thing it successfully achieves is to look "old". The dining area is dark with low ceilings sort of like a basement. I went here for lunch on a weekend. Even though there was quite a number of patrons, I was seated quickly. The menu is American diner fare. The food tastes and looks ok, nothing to write home about. The service is friendly but slow. My waitress never checked up on me nor did she offer refills on my drink. Prices seemed high compared to the small portions.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

The service was really very bad. The waitress (the snobbish one with the ponytail) showed her very bad attitude when I asked for a straw for my drink. She didn't bring it and I waited and waited and she still didn't bring it so I went to her and asked for the straw. She showed her nasty facial expression and raised her finger to indicate 'wait.' I waited again and she still didn't bring it. I went to the manager (her mother? since this restaurant seems to be a family-owned restaurant) and this manager gave me the straw. I had a very bad feeling about this place so my husband and I walked out and we'd not recommend this restaurant to anyone even the food prices are too high.

1  Thank Sharon Q