“Just like being back in Japan”

Asahi Japanese Steak & Seafood
Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in California
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We always sit at the bar and watch as our sushi order is being made. They even carry the Asahi beer of Japan. Staff very nice and there when you need them, but not all over you to try and turnover the space.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Do not bother going anywhere else. THIS is the place to go. Been going since they opened up and never in all those years has the service been bad, food has always been wonderful and you get your moneys worth.

I eat at the bar or the table away from the grill....much more enjoyable

Reviewed 20 September 2013

There are many reasons I would give Asahi a 5 rather than 3 rating. The food was very good, the decor was nice, great drinks, reasonable prices and nice server. However, what I consider a big, big error occurred and the reason given by the waitress even worse than the error.

Asahi offers all the Hibachi entrees cooked in the kitchen served at regular tables, which I thought was great because I wanted an Habachi meal and my husband wanted sushi. Now the error: My dinner was served 15-20 minutes before my husband received his sushi dinner. When we questioned the waitress after about almost 15 minutes, she told us she was sorry but the sushi chefs were backed up with take out orders.

So, I ate my dinner slowly and just about when I was finished, my husband was served his dinner. I thought eat-in diners had priority over take out orders if there is a shortage of chefs. If not, the kitchen should wait to cook dinner so both meals were served at the same time. We didn't ask for credit and none was given.

1  Thank Sue in reho K
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Great staff, great sushi chef's, fantastic show at the grills, Great food! Affordable prices! Love it!

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Really good food, a bit of a show because of the chef's and tons of food(two meals worth)it is expensive but it's expected.