“Only Thai place in town, so so food”
Review of Thai Inter

Thai Inter
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in California
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: California MD and Lexington Park Maryland are neighbors.
Hollywood, Maryland
“Only Thai place in town, so so food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The venue is an old Roy Rogers that hasn't been updated much. The seating is a little awkward and not very private. The food is okay. Not the best Thai I've had but not the worst. The service was good. I guess if you are in the area and craving Thai, this is the only place to go so its okay.

• Visited March 2014

Mechanicsville, Maryland
“excellent”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The food is excellent and Thai Inter. I believe they are the only Thai restaurant in the area. They also deliver if you are lazy and don;t want to drive to their restaurant.

Visited May 2014
Lexington Park, Maryland
“My All-Time Favorite”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

One of my favorite things to do is try new foods. My husband and I love to travel and we've been known to drive a few hours for a good meal. The Thai food flavor profile is so varied yet balanced, and we love trying Thai restaurants wherever we go. It came as a surprise that a lot didn't really stand up against little Thai Inter in little Southern Maryland.
It used to be several different fast food places back in the 90s and the floor is the same. It's clean, but it's not top-notch romantic atmosphere. The long booths along the wall make it almost look like communal dining, but we've never felt like we didn't have enough space to ourselves. The two big-screen TVs on the wall don't really add much except distraction.
The food and service makes up for it though. Their pad thai is always excellent and I compare all others to it. My husband opts for the yum ped (duck salad) and Thai fried rice. I love the Pad See Eew (wide rice noodles with red bell peppers and Thai basil and chilis) and the Pad Prik King (Green beans and red bell peppers with a slightly spicy chili sauce and white rice-- I get it with shrimp). In colder months I love the roasted duck noodle soup. It's a HUGE bowl of dark broth with duck, rice noodles, bean sprouts, celery, and cilantro. We always finish up with mango and sticky rice which, if you've never tried, is a must. The hubby likes the taro pearls too. Service has always been quick for us. We've never waited longer than 15 minutes for our food, even on a busy night. Also, we've had some meals that have been better than others, but have never once had a bad one.
It's pricier than, say, a Mexican or Chinese place, but it's well worth it for the superior flavor. We've been going here since they opened in 2005, I believe. Best locally-owned restaurant in Southern Maryland in my opinion!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BlackEyesFading
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Better choice than the chain pubs in area...”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our town is overrun with chain food outlets. (eg Outback, red Robin). This is a much better option.

On our last visit, my wife and I both got curry dishes. She had her favorite, the Panang Curry and I got the Wild Curry which was pretty hot. Our friends both got Pad Kra Pow.

• Visited April 2014
California, Maryland
“Crispy Duck and Basil”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Crispy Duck and Basil, or pad gra prao grob, is the most delicious thing I've ever had the pleasure of eating in St. Mary's County. I've been to plenty of thai restaurants that sell a similar dish but it is never cooked to perfection like at Thai-Inter. Usually in other restaurants it is watery, greasy, and not crispy like the name suggests. The fried basil melts in your mouth and the duck is crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Ask for the spice tray if you are adventurous...you won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2014