“Great one night get away!”

Super 8 Lexington Park/California Area
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in California
Hagerstown
“Great one night get away!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Very clean, staff very accommodating, comfortable good location to shopping and dining. We have stayed here every time we come to this area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
OWINGS MILLS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Perfect location
Good clean
Reasonable breakfast
Fair service
Recomembed to my friends
Need good deal for frequent accomation

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Purcellville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Arrived after late nite fishing on the bay. Was looking for an inexpensive place to crash. Room had microwave, frig, old but fully operational tv. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. A/c was good. Only complaint was to have to pay $1 for the room safe. If you are looking for a comfortable, clean low buget hotel, this will fit the bill.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
lexington Park, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

For our wedding, I listed the hotel recommendations according to price. This one was considerably cheaper than the rest, therefore many guests chose to stay there. The most common complaint was the smell of the rooms. Unfortunately, there were issues with the prices that had been quoted by their centralized booking agency not being honored at the hotel. The centralized Super 8 refunded the difference but it's something you should be aware of if you are budgeting your stay. Also, the staff (a young woman) referred guests with issues to the manager, who was hardly around and not reachable otherwise. This led to one guest being locked out of her room on the morning of our wedding as well as problems with guests that had been told they could bring their pets. The price is cheaper than the surrounding areas and the location is convenient for the Pax River area, just be advised that each of our guests would have preferred to pay more to avoid the hassle and the poor room quality.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel.
1 Thank ctbburn
Jonesborough, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

This was the worst smelling room we had ever been in. It was like a damp, cigarette, rat urine mix. What was bad was that I was there for a wedding and my bridesmaid dress stank like that room at the wedding. I had to keep apologizing for had bad I smelled. Then on top of everything else, they locked my sister out of her room because they couldn't get her military discount to work right. The next morning, the battery was dead on our car but we didn't know till after we checked out of the room. The staff wouldn't even call a service truck so we could get boosted.

Room Tip: get a pair of nose plugs
1 Thank keneuren
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Guard you credit card and debit card with your life at this so-called motel. They charged my cards a total of $1493 for a three night stay (6/23/11 till 6/26/11) that was supposed to be a total of $273. They charged it so much I didn’t have any money left to check into a different hotel. Also, the room reeked of something nasty. I hung my clothes in the bathroom with some air freshener and closed the door. I spent most of my time at my daughter’s house but could not sleep there because she had most of her wedding party staying at her house. I had no place to sleep. I was stranded in MD. I was furious. My credit card company said they blocked Super 8 from charging any more charges to my card. But, after I left MD on Sunday (6/26) they charged my card again on Monday (6/27). Imagine my shock when I got home on Tuesday (6/28) and found more charges on my card. I had my credit card and my debit card shut off before they could get what little money I had left.

By the way, I found what made a lot of the smell in the room. When I was gathering my bags to get out of that rat hole, I found a remote behind the head of the bed. I reached to pick it up and almost vomited. There was a horrible odor coming from my bed. I pulled the mattress cover back and found mouse droppings. I screamed and threw my bags out the door. I found my camera and went back to take pictures of my discovery.

There are a couple of nicer motels for the same price within a couple mile radius. Use them. Do NOT use Super 8. The front desk clerk had no idea what she was doing and it stranded me in a motel with mouse droppings and a stench. The manager was no help either. He informed me once the charges are made to a credit card, only the corporate headquarters could cancel or void them. What he didn’t know is I am a manager of a motel in TN. I knew both he and the front desk clerk lied to me from the beginning. Please, please take your business elsewhere before you get taken by them.

Room Tip: Stinks, rude, over charge your cc, a dump
2 Thank LynMgr
Bayville, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

I am not a picky traveler... but this place was unbelievable. Where should I start? The rude staff? The garbage-littered hallways? The poor excuse for continental breakfast? Oh wait... I know... it has to be the pool of blood that was on the floor in the "breakfast" room... that's it! YES... I put a bagel in the toaster, took some butter, filled up a cup of coffee... and sat down to wait for the bagel to be done... looked to my left (which the room is only 10 X 10 with 2 tables) and there is BLOOD in the middle of the floor... somewhat still wet... I took everything I had and put it in the trash and walked to the front counter to inform the person there of the problem... they told me "Well, breakfast is almost over... I'll wait until 10AM to clean it" REALLY? Disgusting!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank doogie1960
Also consider these accommodations in or near California
Red Roof Inn & Suites California, MD - NAVAIR
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent
Extended Stay America - Lexington Park - Pax River
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Lexington Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California

Been to Super 8 Lexington Park/California Area? Share your experiences!