“The Worst Hotel I have ever stayed at.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in California
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Worst Hotel I have ever stayed at.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2006

Stayed in this hotel one night. Had planned on staying there three nights. It was crawling with baby roaches and other bugs. Was awake all night killing bugs coming out of my husband's mattress. Carpet was stained and covered in dog (or other animal) hair. Remote didn't work on TV and went to lobby to get another and it also didn't work. Just gave up. Was up very early and out of there. Got home and had to spray all my luggage. This is the worst place I have ever stayed in. Have been trying to find out the owner so can write letter of complaint.

Stayed June 2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2006

Picking the location was great because it's just several hundred yards from a car rental place (since I need to return with a rental car). But... I also picked the hotel because it was said that it offers high speed internet at the location. Okay, yeah. It might, but my Airport doesn't show it in my 3rd floor room. Calling the clerk, I was told that it's only available on the first floor. Big bomb for that one. My room is way in the back but it's really quiet (and dark) here. But the signal for cellular service is half-power, but fortunately I have a network card.

The room is spacious, smells clean and not musty... but the hallways have a "lived-in very much" look. Some renov's could be in order soon. Bathroom bed and furniture are okay... TV has plenty of channels including HBO Plus, ESPN and ESPN2, plus local sports network for the MD/DC/VA area, kids, music, BET, et al. A good host of sat/cable. Sheets are typical, clean white ones, that awful brownish under-cover and the green/tan/blue/wine colored covers I tend to pull off.

All in all, I'd stay here again if I can get on the first floor, cuz I want my web surfing. But the room's comfortable enough that I can live without it.

Hampton Roads, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2005

The amenities that drew me to this hotel were:
- Business Center
- FREE Hi-Speed internet Access in Guest Rooms
- FREE Continental Breakfast
- Pool

What I received was:

Requested: NON-SMOKING room.
Received: NON-SMOKING room, one side of the hall was NON-SMOKING and the other side SMOKING. What sense does that make?

Requested: Guest Room w/ Hi-Speed Internet Access
Received: After the 4TH room change I was in a guest room where the Hi-Speed internet access WORKED.
P.S. They ONLY have Hi-Speed Internet access on the FIRST FLOOR!

The front desk staff (especially the evening shift) could really careless if you stayed there. No smiling faces greeted me.

The rooms: They are a crap shot. Some have refrigerators others don't, some have microwaves some don't, and some have both! Go figure... When you walk in the guest rooms there is an AWFUL SMELL! It is like a mixture of wet dog, and pool water and musk or something. The smell is in every room on the first floor and I know I was in 4 of the rooms on the first floor!

The Business Center: The hotel staff seemed to use it ALOT and look at you as if you are "bothering" them when you need to use it and you are a PAYING guest!

The Pool: It appears to be nice. I never went to it.

The Location: It is walking distance to a few places to eat.

I would recommend this hotel (if you choose to call it that) to travelers with PETS. It is a pet friendly hotel and the SMELL PROVES it!

I do NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to Business Travelers and those with weak stomachs!

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
7 Thank Lydia14668
Also consider these accommodations in or near California
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California
Red Roof Inn & Suites California, MD - NAVAIR
Quality Inn Beacon Marina
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent? Share your experiences!