“Great place to stay.”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in California
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 19 January 2011

My husband actually stayed at this hotel a little over 7 months, everyone was always nice, helpful, if there were any issues they were handled quickly. We had no complaints.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Overall, I would say the hotel isn't bad. What gives this establishment any merit at all is that the better hotels are a good 20% more in price. That being said, the worst part of this hotel are it's inhabitants. The hotel is ripe with individuals who completely disregard the non-smoking rule, and are generally loud and unruley. Outside of the daytime hours, the hotel is ill equipped to police it's guests, so the inmates run the asylum.

The staff were friendly enough, although when pressing matters were presented, they seemed inept and/or indifferent about the problems and dispassionatly sympathetic. During my stay, the ice maker was out for half the time, the cable/internet was out for one day, and HBO was gone for a good 1/3. Raising these issues inevidably yeilded an, "oh, I'm sorry" before the clerk returned eyes downward.

The breakfast was pretty good, and usually well stocked. The rooms are nicely appointed, although many are a bit musty. It's obvious this is a refurbished, older hotel. It's really too bad that it wasn't better managed because it had the potential to be really nice.

I would recommend this hotel if it is on your dime, otherwise, go for the Marriott.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank wrs2010
Yorktown, VA
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We stayed at the LaQuinta for 2 nights to attend an annual picnic in Lusby, MD for people that have adopted ex-racing greyhounds. They are very pet friendly and have a large grassy area in the back of the hotel to walk your pet. The lobby was very nice with fresh baked cookies and coffee available all the time. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was very roomy and comfortable and just recently updated. They have a free breakfast but we didn't take advantage of it. Hotel staff are all very friendly and accomodating. We are already planning our stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cruisedogs2
PA
Reviewed 1 April 2010

My family and I loved the experience we had at the La Quinta. The receptionist was friendly and helped us to find the information we needed. The fresh homemade cookies smelled so good when we walked into the lobby. The host at breakfast was friendly and kept the food tasty and hot. The rooms were clean and the beds were so comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located near fast food as well as river front restaurants with outside seating on the decks overlooking the water. I liked the cleanliness and friendly people at the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lleggettpa
dc
Reviewed 26 January 2010

First of all, when I arrived they did not have my reservation. When I was shown to my room it had a strange smell and the bathroom looked dirty. I called the front desk and they gave me another room. The second room had bedsheets that looked as if they had not been changed and there was no remote to the tv. I called the front desk and it took about 2 hours to get someone come up and akwardly change the linens in front of me. The linens were replaced with linens that still did not smell fresh and I never got a tv remote. I asked for a refund so I could go elsewhere but they informed me that they could not do that until I speak to the head manager tomorrow. So I spent the night uncomfortable & without a tv remote. Pretty sucky. The next day I checked out and stayed somewhere else.

Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank miaskies
California
Reviewed 11 December 2009

I have stayed at over 50 hotels in the last 5 years and this is one of my best experiences to date.

Reasons why I liked this hotel:

- Free Internet in your room. Wireless and Wired are available for free with no username or password required.
- Free newspapers available daily. Not just local news either - they have national news also like USA Today for example free for the taking.
- Free computer/printer access in the main lobby.
- A lot of storage space in the rooms and plenty of towels. I had an initial set of 4 bath, hand, and wash cloth towels in my room.
- The free breakfast is wonderful. They actually serve hot food and the breakfast lounge is actually clean, nice, and has several T.V.s you can watch the morning news on.

Some of the items they serve at the breakfast are:
- scrambled egg (shaped like an omelette served hot)
- sausage patty (served hot)
- English muffin, bagels of all varieties, donuts and donut holes, and aother various pastries.
- Several different kinds of refrigerated yogurt.
- They gave a waffle iron so you can make your own waffles.
- Coffee
- A drink dispenser that serves chilled orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, grape juice.

I am forgetting a lot of other food items. The breakfast here really is very good. Especially considering that it is all free. Most hotels I have stayed at serve prepackaged pastries like the kind you get at gas stations.

I would recommend staying at this hotel and would stay their myself again if I was in the local area.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
NY
Reviewed 27 August 2009

CLEAN and Comfortable hotel. Breakfast was GREAT, Its not your average hotel breakfast ,I had eggs and bacon with toast. The staff was wonderful. I will be staying there every time im in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near California
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Red Roof Inn & Suites California, MD - NAVAIR
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent? Share your experiences!