My wife & I were married in Washington, DC on Saturday, and decided to do a little mini-honeymoon here on the Sunday-Tuesday.
The drive from DC is easy, especially if you don't hit any traffic. It's a straight shot once you leave DC, and we made it both ways in under 2 hours.
The entrance to the resort itself is right off the main highway (which is filled with fast food restaurants & grocery stores). The hotel is a pleasant 5 minute drive past the front gate, and feels very secluded. The property itself is huge -- I saw only a fraction of it while we were there -- and very well laid out. There's three pools (one inside) and a hot tub, and hundreds of deck chairs. Given that we were there on a non-holiday Monday & Tuesday, it felt almost deserted -- we only saw a handful of people at the pool, which made it feel very private. They are generous with beach towels, and it was easy & quick to order drinks & food from room service.
We paid a little extra to get a room on the top floor so that we could have access to the Hyatt lounge. I'd strongly recommend that -- the drinks were cheap ($3 beers, compared to $5.50 at the pool), and they had ample free food that was much better than you'd expect. Our room was good sized & had a nice view of the water, but otherwise pretty typical for a Hyatt.
The hotel has several restaurants, but we ended up eating both meals at the Water's Edge. The food was good and reasonably priced for a resort. But what impressed me was the outstanding service -- the servers couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.
There was a lot of stuff at the hotel that we didn't do -- including the spa, a nice looking golf course, mini-golf, and a sand volleyball court. And the view of the bay was really nice.
I hadn't been to this property before, but hope to go back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay