Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We decided at the last minute to take a short vacation. We found the Hyatt and we were very impressed with the place. There was plenty of room at the infinity pool. The golf course was great and we were able to have a nice lunch at the Eagle Nest Gastropub. So much to do there and they were pet friendly. We decided to stay an extra day and enjoy the spa. I highly recommend the Hyatt Regency!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #1205 which faced the water, was bright in the morning but in the shade by the mid...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roxlight
Write a ReviewReviews (2,413)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for an overnight because we were visiting colleges in the area, and we all wished we booked for more nights. Beautiful clean rooms and views. Front desk young lady was a summer intern and she will go far, Polite and accommodating our room change. We walked around the resort and enjoyed both indoor and out door pools. We forgot a few things and the hospitality desk was able to bring them to our room within a half of an hour. We stayed and ate at the restaurant at the Hotel by the Marina. It was raining, we could have taken the shuttle or walked but we drove our car. The restaurant was noisy but can't help the structural layout that made for poor absorption of sound. If we find ourselves in need of a longer retreat we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: water views are always our favorite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank shablee1st
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The front desk provided excellent service! We were really pleased with our king suite room, it couldn't have been any better! The balconies were gorgeous, furniture was all beautiful and in working order, no ripped screens, no mildew, super clean bathrooms. Our room was superb. We ate at the Waters Edge restaurant and food was top notch, service there not as good. The bathrooms outside the restaurant were filthy and I complained at the front desk and they said they'd get someone right on it. The ground were immaculate. Gorgeous...well kept and the pools were clean and the towels were perfect for the pool area. The attendants were all helpful but not bothersome. We used the watersports, rented a boat and it was reasonable and a beautiful time out on the water in the local area. Overall, great place and we'd certainly go again. It was a quick overnight birthday trip for my hubby and I. I'd like to take my young song again. There were plenty of families there and they brought sand toys to play on the beach and at the pool. There looked to be lots for kids to do. They have a gorgeous walking seashell path around the hotel. The smores activitiy at dusk was a little expensive I thought but cute idea and again, much for kids to do.

Room Tip: get a waterfront, worth the money!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The wife and I visited for a day and an evening just to get away from the rat race. There is plenty to do here but we just decided to relax poolside and enjoy the hospitality. And hospitable it is. The staff is attentive and friendly. The property is well maintained and clean. We particularly enjoyed spending some time in the adult hot tub. Next time we will stay longer and take advantage of the golf course, fishing, and the spectacular grounds.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott G
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Recently for an off-site business meeting I had the pleasure to stay at this beautiful site on the Chesapeake Bay in Cambridge Maryland. Even though this was a large company meeting, they treated all of the guests like valued return customers. The site is absolutely gorgeous with amazing views of the Chesapeake and a very relaxing and casual elegance. While all of our meals were catered events, the food was delicious. The rooms were spotless and the bedding was extremely comfortable. I will certainly return to this site with my Wife in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay are certainly more scenic, but all the rooms that my associates were in were qu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I just returned from getting married The Hyatt Chesapeake Bay and it was AMAZING. The staff was helpful, friendly and attentive. The resort is well maintained and beautiful. You can really see the attention to detail the staff takes in all areas. Yes, I was there for a special occasion, but the quality of service was the same even when I was just visiting in previous trips as this was the 3rd time I have stayed at this resort; and we plan to visit many more times! There were families with children, but they never interfered in with anything we wanted to do. The pool areas are very nice and the bar staff was very friendly. Overall the grounds are beautiful. I view this resort as a Cruise ship on land, as that is what I feel like when I visit. The food is good and service was timely. There is always something to do, if that is what you are looking for, or you can just sit back and relax and enjoy the breathtaking views.

The staff is accommodating and works hard to please their customers. I never heard anyone say "no" to a request! The high service standard from the Hyatt Chesapeake is phenomenal and definitely makes my my wife and I Hyatt lovers for life!

I believe you get what you pay for and if you want to spend less money and not have all the amenities that Hyatt offers, then go somewhere else. If you are looking for a place to enjoy and relax and not have to worry about anything, then stay here. You will not be disappointed!!

And if you are looking to plan a special event, this is your place!! Great facilities, inside and out and amazing staff! Molly Taylor in catering is FANTASTIC and will make sure your event is exactly how you want it to be!!

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room on a higher floor... great views!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LaxJeep23
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This is the kind of place where family and friends trips are made into amazing memories. They are situated on the chop tank river which branches off the Chesapeake Bay. It provides lots of scenic views and places to take a lot of pictures. There is so much to do there and is great for all ages. It is a great place to take a run in the morning and golf in the afternoon. Also a great place for weddings and meetings. There were three different weddings going on why we were there and they all were handled beautifully. The staff is great very helpful and nice the rooms are nice with good space a good view. However the architecture is something to be fixed. They outside is old looking and they inside is charming but could be better. The outside grounds are very nice and well kept up. All in all I would recommend it to all and especial family.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jcaine89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels
Days Inn & Suites Cambridge

Been to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina? Share your experiences!