This review is about the marina - not the whole resort operation.
This marina prides itself as the "best on the bay" and is one of the most expensive. While ti has some good points - mainly the adjacent hotel and its facilities, the marina is an appendage that is not well managed.
First tried to call on VHF radio several times while a mile away. Never got an answer: reason is the only on monitoring the radio is the dockhand with a radio in his back pocket. Not good for range of coverage and something I have never seen at another marina.
Checked in. Listings in boating publications all say there is Wi-Fi as most marinas have. Checekd with dockhand - the only staff around - about whether password is need, he said just no just select Hyatt signal. It didn't work on either of our 2 computers. Call hotel desk, after 5 minutes got an answer that "upgrades" were underway, could come to hotel about 500 yards away and use it there.
While I did get a partial refund, they should have been more upfront with their problem. This operation is more like the dock at the Solomons Holiday Inn than a real marina. There is a dock andif you stay there you can use the hotel facilities. Need boat supplies? Don't expect anything more than flash light batteries, although there is lots of clothing & junk food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay