We stayed at this hotel for one night with our 7 & 10 year old boys on the way home from another trip. We arrived at 12:30pm and our room was not ready. She told me because I was a Hyatt Gold member that she would inform house keeping that I arrived and the room will be ready at 3PM, no luck, when I came back up at 3PM they told me the same thing however the time will be changed to 4PM. When I checked in from once again at 4PM they told me again they will tell notify house keeping and call when the room was ready. I asked at to speak to a manager at this time, and of course no one was available to speak to me, but they did give me $50 both rooms. I had to go back to the front desk at 5:30 to check because I never received a phone call, and at this point the room as finally ready. This was on a Monday check in, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near this place on the weekends.
When you drive up to the building the only guest parking lot is to the right, valet parking is on the left. Our room was located on the left side of the building which means that the parking lot was a good 10-15 minute walk each time we had to get something from the car. We took a look at the valet parking lot which holds at least 150+ cars, and there were only about 15 cars parked in it. I'm not sure why they can't share this parking lot with the guest staying on this side of the resort.
Rooms-They were very comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were a nice size.
Pool area- The kids loved the water slide and they had activities for the kids every hour besides swiming. Such as catching a crab from the pier, cookie decorating, games, tattoo's, etc..
Restaurants-We ate at the pool both days for lunch. The food was just ok, but the service was probably the best we had at the resort. We also ate dinner at Water's Edge, the waiter told us that they did not have a children's menu only a kids buffet which was $15 per child, and soft drinks were $2. The food on the kids buffet was hot dogs, kraft mac n cheese, hamburgers and campbell's chicken noodle soup. My kids didn't think anything looked good so they filled up on soup for $15. It turned out that drinks/juice boxes are on the buffet for the kids. Our waiter forgot to mention that. My husband and I both got a meal from their menu, and it was very good although not worth the price.
Activities-There is a $15 resort fee for the room, which includes all the daily activites, frisbee golf, mini gold, high speed internet, etc. This was a good price for everything that you get, I've seen resort fee's close to $30 per room and you don't get any of this.
If we are ever in the area again we would stop here. The kids loved it and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the pampering luxury and picturesque landscape of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. Located on the beautiful Choptank River, Hyatt Chesapeake is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 acres. Our resort offers a wide range of fun recreational activities, including an 18-hole championship golf course, which received a 4 1/2 star rating (out of 5) from Golf Digest. Our acclaimed Sago Spa & Salon boasts 14 treatment rooms providing a complete range of signature Eastern Shore spa treatments. The River Marsh Marina has 150 full service slips that dock upto 150 ft yachts. Other amenities include two outdoor pools, a glass-enclosed Wintergarden pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, private beach with boat/ kayak/Jet Ski rentals, wildlife preserve, four lighted tennis courts, and more.Regional seafood specialties and waterfront views are just two of the attractions at Hyatt Chesapeake's six restaurants and lounges. The property offers 400 luxurious guest rooms. In addition to step-out balconies with magnificent views, each room has 37" flat screen TVs and inviting leather armchairs with ottomans. Come enjoy this luxury waterfront destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa And Marina
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Cambridge
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge
- Hyatt Cambridge
- Hyatt Chesapeake Bay