“STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Reviewed 26 May 2011

The room was filthy. Blankets has cigarette holes, there were old crumbs under the table and bed, didn't seem like the room has been vacuumed at all. There was hair in towels and terrible odor. Some nasty people having sex behind the wall. WILL NEVER EVER COME BACK.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank basiabasia

Reviewed 23 November 2010

This was the dirtiest most awful motel Ive ever seen in my entire life!! The room had huge stink bugs crawling all over the walls and beds! My stay lasted about 20 mins before I asked for a refund and got out of that dirty, stinky, filthy place! The comfort inn next door is soo much more worth it for the extra money... always remember that u get what u pay for!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 29 August 2010

This is the worst hotel I have been in my life. The receptionist was.... still looking for the right vocabulary to use. We checked out within five minutes we got there.They are so rude, the hotel looks run down and the staff ...unforgettable. They told us we can not receive visitors during our stay unless they give them a copy of their driver's license...WOW. W e end up going next door, pay a few more dollars and enjoyed Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank classy62
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I made a reservation at this hotel due to the price and it's location. Upon arrival it was a hotel from hell. In the parking lot there were two lesbians in the parking lot just smoking and drinking. Upon entering the lobby smelled like urine. The final straw was the he/she it in the lobby who looked like it was ready to steal the shirt off of your back.. Thankfully, the hotel clerk cancelled my existing reservation despite it being after the cancellation pereiod.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank klomb4
Reviewed 4 April 2010

This Motel is terrible. I mean terrible. We paid $55 to sleep in fear and filth. Lucky I took my Ambien on this trip. We choose this Hotel because of its location. We were staying two nights but checked out after the first night and went next door to the Comfort Inn. The HellTel is very close to the Six Flags in MD and so we went for the cheap hotel we jsut needed for sleep. What a mistake. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed by a group of men smoking marijuana and loitering in front of the hotel. They seemed up to something and fround upon us like we shoulldnt be their. When we entered the lobby I knew I wasnt in the best part of town becasue the Front desk clerk was behind 3inches of bullet proff glass at 6pm and still daylight. Ice machines only in the lobby passing the groups of men outside. Folks seemed to be living at this place. Charcoal grilling outside and blasting music. You have to enter a gate secured parking lot. The room was small. Average Motel 6 with a way below average conition. The A/C only blew out hot smelly air and it was warmer in our room than outside. We wanted to keep the door open to air the place out but feared for our safety. The Beds smelled and the toilet had melted burn marks. Fell dirty. Just plan wrong. When we asked fo another room we were told no becasue they were booked up. We checked out the next day and enjoyed the rest for out time at Six Flags and DC. If your up for a terrible night try Room 212 and you wont be disappointed !.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank DEKAN635
Reviewed 8 November 2009

We were very happy with this hotel. The staff was very friendly making sure our room was clean by checking in shortly after our check in and offered information pertaining to the area. This hotel was very close to Fed Ex Field making our first U2 concert experience spectacular!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2007

I love Motel 6. I take annual road trips with my teenage son and this is the idea place to hang your hat when travelling. We often stay for less than 12 hours so a cheap clean bed is all we need.

At this outlying motel we stayed 5 nights for less than $300 including taxes. This is a good deal by Washington standards. We were about a 5 minute drive from the end of the subway where parking could be had for $3.50 per day. The trip into Washington’s Smithsonian subway stop is about $2.50 for a 25 minute ride.

What you can expect at Motel 6 in general are bright clean no smoking rooms, a reasonable bed, basic bathrooms with lots of hot water for a teenager to shower in and reasonably accommodating staff. This motel met the usual Motel 6 standard. I didn’t like my bed so without any fuss we were moved to another room for our last 3 nights.

In reading the other reviews I saw complaints about noise but I didn’t experience any myself. My son who regularly sleeps in until 11 AM was annoyed by the cleaning staff that tends to yell at on another but as an early riser I didn’t have any trouble.

The motel had on site 24-7 security guards with parking restricted to motel guests. I never really felt unsafe. This is a strictly Black part of Washington. It was disturbing for a Canadian to see this great divide and I had some surprising reactions from the locals. In stores and restaurants my son and I were complimented on our politeness. I did find 10 or 15% of the locals can give you hostile looks but mainly I found that if you were warm and polite that you had this attitude returned in kind.

If you would feel uncomfortable in an area which seemed to be 95% non-white or if you have a tendency to feel unsafe I would suggest finding another location to stay. Our experience was that we received reasonable accommodation for a very basic price.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank DB1988
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Washington, D.C. East - Capitol Heights, MD
5 mi away
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights? Share your experiences!