“DON'T GO YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!”

Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Lufkin
“DON'T GO YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

The room was noisy, we had a baby next door. It was not clean and the bathroom had a access hole in it. Had a police officer on duty and you had to have a room key to get behind the gate fencing everything off!!! Does this tell you anything. I should have known something was up when I called the # off my GPS for something close and cheap and when I made the reservation he said you cannot cancel this after I give you the confirmation.

Room Tip: Don't come here
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Thought I'd save a few bucks by staying at Motel 6 on trip to DC. I foollishly paid when I checked but after entering the room, I immediately checked out. People living there like this was a slum apartment building. families living in rooms....city police stayed in parking lot to keep activity down...doors looked like they had been kicked in, I The receptionist seemed surprised when i t9old her I felt unsafe...I could go on but the place is not worth it. Like casper 181 I stayed at the comfort inn next door...much better place. This experience ruined by trip to DC. And to think I had trusted Tom Bodett's recommendation...never again.

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Janie C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

The room was filthy. Blankets has cigarette holes, there were old crumbs under the table and bed, didn't seem like the room has been vacuumed at all. There was hair in towels and terrible odor. Some nasty people having sex behind the wall. WILL NEVER EVER COME BACK.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank basiabasia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

This was the dirtiest most awful motel Ive ever seen in my entire life!! The room had huge stink bugs crawling all over the walls and beds! My stay lasted about 20 mins before I asked for a refund and got out of that dirty, stinky, filthy place! The comfort inn next door is soo much more worth it for the extra money... always remember that u get what u pay for!

• Stayed November 2010
Lithonia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

This is the worst hotel I have been in my life. The receptionist was.... still looking for the right vocabulary to use. We checked out within five minutes we got there.They are so rude, the hotel looks run down and the staff ...unforgettable. They told us we can not receive visitors during our stay unless they give them a copy of their driver's license...WOW. W e end up going next door, pay a few more dollars and enjoyed Comfort Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank classy62
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

I made a reservation at this hotel due to the price and it's location. Upon arrival it was a hotel from hell. In the parking lot there were two lesbians in the parking lot just smoking and drinking. Upon entering the lobby smelled like urine. The final straw was the he/she it in the lobby who looked like it was ready to steal the shirt off of your back.. Thankfully, the hotel clerk cancelled my existing reservation despite it being after the cancellation pereiod.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank klomb4
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

This Motel is terrible. I mean terrible. We paid $55 to sleep in fear and filth. Lucky I took my Ambien on this trip. We choose this Hotel because of its location. We were staying two nights but checked out after the first night and went next door to the Comfort Inn. The HellTel is very close to the Six Flags in MD and so we went for the cheap hotel we jsut needed for sleep. What a mistake. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed by a group of men smoking marijuana and loitering in front of the hotel. They seemed up to something and fround upon us like we shoulldnt be their. When we entered the lobby I knew I wasnt in the best part of town becasue the Front desk clerk was behind 3inches of bullet proff glass at 6pm and still daylight. Ice machines only in the lobby passing the groups of men outside. Folks seemed to be living at this place. Charcoal grilling outside and blasting music. You have to enter a gate secured parking lot. The room was small. Average Motel 6 with a way below average conition. The A/C only blew out hot smelly air and it was warmer in our room than outside. We wanted to keep the door open to air the place out but feared for our safety. The Beds smelled and the toilet had melted burn marks. Fell dirty. Just plan wrong. When we asked fo another room we were told no becasue they were booked up. We checked out the next day and enjoyed the rest for out time at Six Flags and DC. If your up for a terrible night try Room 212 and you wont be disappointed !.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights? Share your experiences!