“Remodeled rooms, good location and great staff”

Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
“Remodeled rooms, good location and great staff”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I drive truck and had to make a delivery here for new furniture. I ended up getting a room and stayed the night. The day shift desk clerk was extremely helpful and freindly, the manager was as well, I did have an.issue with the ac, but the maintanenece man fixed it right away. The rooms are in remodel and are very nice ! All and all I would say for the price its a great place to stay and I will return when im in the area !

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tvpur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hohenberg, Austria
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We decided to stay here because we did not want to drive too far from Dulles and visit Six Flags the next day.
Well, the rooms smelled a bit strange, but they were clean. The bathroom was clean, the towels too. We didn't have any troubles sleeping.
Yeah, there are strange people staying at this place, but they didn't bother us. It always depends on what you want and expect. The rates were the cheapest in the area and we only wanted a reasonably clean bath and bed. Since we are only in our rooms to sleep, we usually try to stay at a cheap place.
But I have to admit, this was one of the hotels on the lower end of the quality scale. But that's ok for us because we'd rather save some money on accommodation and spend it on something fun during our holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fjordi_Lisa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

It is always regrettable to have to write an opinion of a place that is highly inadequate. Regrettably, this Motel was an amazing disappointment.

The reception staff were extremely friendly. No problem there. What was a problem was the accommadations. The bedroom we had was such a disappointment. The room was really dirty and needed a good clean up. The bed cover had cigarette burns and the room stank from the odour of stale cigarette smoke. Worst of all was the cockroach walking about. I am sorry Motel 6 but this was not really up to standard and as a result I cancelled all of my remaining Motel 6 reservations during the rest of my vacation in the USA.

Room Tip: Don't choose a good room, just don't stay here !!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stanmarut
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 22 April 2013

It was clean and spacious enough, but the one hallway smelled a bit and the front desk staff could have been friendlier. The neighbourhood was fine and the motel was well-located (short walk to subway, close to grocer). The police was around but not a point for concern.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I came for a week stay the front desk service was awsome and friendly the rooms where very nice and clean it was your typical room bed,tv, bathroom, table,chair they even have soome rooms with fridges and mircowaves very nice. It look like its being revamped and changing for the better sincle last time here the price was right on point and had a great time here it was very quite and calm I enjoyed security on the premises lets me know its a safe place the housekeepers were on que with the cleaning of my room thank you ladys for a job well done.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Lufkin
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The room was noisy, we had a baby next door. It was not clean and the bathroom had a access hole in it. Had a police officer on duty and you had to have a room key to get behind the gate fencing everything off!!! Does this tell you anything. I should have known something was up when I called the # off my GPS for something close and cheap and when I made the reservation he said you cannot cancel this after I give you the confirmation.

Room Tip: Don't come here
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joy C
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Thought I'd save a few bucks by staying at Motel 6 on trip to DC. I foollishly paid when I checked but after entering the room, I immediately checked out. People living there like this was a slum apartment building. families living in rooms....city police stayed in parking lot to keep activity down...doors looked like they had been kicked in, I The receptionist seemed surprised when i t9old her I felt unsafe...I could go on but the place is not worth it. Like casper 181 I stayed at the comfort inn next door...much better place. This experience ruined by trip to DC. And to think I had trusted Tom Bodett's recommendation...never again.

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Janie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#1 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights? Share your experiences!