“Most awful place I've ever stayed”

Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
“Most awful place I've ever stayed”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was working in the area and ended up having to stay a night and grabbed the nearest motel. Wrong idea. Should have gone somewhere else or driven the 3 hours home. The room was filthy, there was stuff falling from the ceiling, there was mold in the bathroom on the ceiling and walls. The room next door had all kinds of noise coming from it - banging on the walls, yelling, screaming, I called the front desk, they came to my room to listen, went next door, 4 girls - buck naked, answered the door - they were having a sex party with 9 guys! The cops were called, etc. etc. Needless to say, I got no sleep. I asked for my money back and they refused to give it back. I've written to corporate to see what happens but this was horrible. I ended up having to stay another night because of my job so I found another hotel - much nicer and cleaner. Will never stay in another Motel 6 again.

Room Tip: do not stay here at all - run. run away fast.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Steve M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The room was clean and the staff were friendly. The Motel was a bit far from the attractions of DC, but there is a metro stop about a 10 min walk that takes about 15minssofor the price its well worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vickyhall
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I drive truck and had to make a delivery here for new furniture. I ended up getting a room and stayed the night. The day shift desk clerk was extremely helpful and freindly, the manager was as well, I did have an.issue with the ac, but the maintanenece man fixed it right away. The rooms are in remodel and are very nice ! All and all I would say for the price its a great place to stay and I will return when im in the area !

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tvpur
Hohenberg, Austria
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We decided to stay here because we did not want to drive too far from Dulles and visit Six Flags the next day.
Well, the rooms smelled a bit strange, but they were clean. The bathroom was clean, the towels too. We didn't have any troubles sleeping.
Yeah, there are strange people staying at this place, but they didn't bother us. It always depends on what you want and expect. The rates were the cheapest in the area and we only wanted a reasonably clean bath and bed. Since we are only in our rooms to sleep, we usually try to stay at a cheap place.
But I have to admit, this was one of the hotels on the lower end of the quality scale. But that's ok for us because we'd rather save some money on accommodation and spend it on something fun during our holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fjordi_Lisa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

It is always regrettable to have to write an opinion of a place that is highly inadequate. Regrettably, this Motel was an amazing disappointment.

The reception staff were extremely friendly. No problem there. What was a problem was the accommadations. The bedroom we had was such a disappointment. The room was really dirty and needed a good clean up. The bed cover had cigarette burns and the room stank from the odour of stale cigarette smoke. Worst of all was the cockroach walking about. I am sorry Motel 6 but this was not really up to standard and as a result I cancelled all of my remaining Motel 6 reservations during the rest of my vacation in the USA.

Room Tip: Don't choose a good room, just don't stay here !!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stanmarut
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 22 April 2013

It was clean and spacious enough, but the one hallway smelled a bit and the front desk staff could have been friendlier. The neighbourhood was fine and the motel was well-located (short walk to subway, close to grocer). The police was around but not a point for concern.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I came for a week stay the front desk service was awsome and friendly the rooms where very nice and clean it was your typical room bed,tv, bathroom, table,chair they even have soome rooms with fridges and mircowaves very nice. It look like its being revamped and changing for the better sincle last time here the price was right on point and had a great time here it was very quite and calm I enjoyed security on the premises lets me know its a safe place the housekeepers were on que with the cleaning of my room thank you ladys for a job well done.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#1 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights? Share your experiences!